• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well if recent history is anything to go by, guns are about to be banned at Home Depot. They currently take the same neutral stance that Starbucks and others used to have, but now that the "OC Idiot Activist" crowd (not your normal run of hte mill OC'ers, just the attention whores) is aware of this I'm sure we're weeks away from an all-out ban. Why, upon hearing a company is neutral, do idiots feel the need to rush there carrying rifles at the ready to pick up some light bulbs? It will now happen soon, and Home Depot will take the same stance the others were forced to.

Quote of the Day: You Can Do It, We Can Help Edition | The Truth About Guns

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that's the sequence of events for the recent decision changes at the restaurants making the news lately.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Sure it is. Someone finds out a company is "neutral", declares them to be a friend of gun owners, morons showup with long guns to show their support of said company, guns banned.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think everybody should just STFU, cover it up if need be, and go about their business. And private establishments don't "ban" guns, at least in this state.

Yes, I'm in a bad mood today...

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't like Home Depot anyway. We call it the "can't find anything store".
    Every time I go in there for something, I can't find it as easily as I find stuff at Lowes.
    I guess if I go back, I'll OC and wait for them to ask me to leave.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Every time I go in there for something, I can't find it as easily as I find stuff at Lowes.

At the moment, OCing would be okay based on their policy.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Well if recent history is anything to go by, guns are about to be banned at Home Depot. They currently take the same neutral stance that Starbucks and others used to have, but now that the "OC Idiot Activist" crowd (not your normal run of hte mill OC'ers, just the attention whores) is aware of this I'm sure we're weeks away from an all-out ban. Why, upon hearing a company is neutral, do idiots feel the need to rush there carrying rifles at the ready to pick up some light bulbs? It will now happen soon, and Home Depot will take the same stance the others were forced to.

That's the problem with people who swing too far to the other end of the spectrum.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I guess if CTS says they are going to jump on the bandwagon we have no choice but to believe him. Even with no supporting evidence, it has to be the truth.

On a serious note; I don't pay any attention to "no guns allowed" signs, they are not legally binding in Indiana, more like a "suggestion" and I don't open carry
    anywhere but home. I don't like to attract attention to myself.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I guess if CTS says they are going to jump on the bandwagon we have no choice but to believe him. Even with no supporting evidence, it has to be the truth.

On a serious note; I don't pay any attention to "no guns allowed" signs, they are not legally binding in Indiana, more like a "suggestion" and I don't open carry
    anywhere but home. I don't like to attract attention to myself.

I'm certainly being a bit tongue in cheek, but on a completely unrelated post on Home Depots facebook page there's a raging battle between pro and anti gun folks, and in several places across the internet people are talking about organizing a "support home depot" day just like they did for Starbucks, which resulted in the change of policy there. You don't win businesses by frightening away their customers and putting them under political pressure from the antis.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Why? Because there are way too many amongst us who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a firearm. The left will never be our worst enemy. We provide them ourselves.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Why do morons stage an OC event at a neutral company, causing them to side with anti-gunners? I think some do that because it works. I believe the morons that do those events are, in fact, anti-gun and have discovered that instead of waiting for us to make ourselves look stupid, they can do a better job of playing the fool for us. Remember that a lot of people on the other side of the issue are not anti-gun completely, they are just against carrying outside the home. I think these sorry SOBs figured out that they can get the reaction they want by carrying their guns around and saying there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

That's my opinion on why these morons do what they do.

Last edited:

hysteria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010

Depending on your phone you could get their app, look up the item and it will show you where it's at in that store.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing that put me off on Home Depot was when late one September, I went in looking for fertilizer and a couple of other yard related items. They had boxed up all summer stuff already and was selling Christmas stuff already. I know the other places are probably not much better, but in my mind, they dropped several notches in my regard for them.

Top Bottom