• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have been in training for the last couple weeks down in southern Indiana. Today for lunch I went with two other guys who are in my class and we went to a Bob Evans. Once we had ordered I got up to head to the restroom and some random guy got up as I walked past him and stopped me in the hallway by the restrooms and said "are you ok to carry that?". My sweatshirt had ridden up and exposed my M&P which I carry IWB in a hybrid style holster. I gave the guy a look like he had three heads and said in my most sarcastic voice "excuse me?" He said "it's not every day you see a guy just walking around with a gun and I want to make sure you are alright to do that". I said "I assure you I am OK but I don't see how it is any of your business in the first place". He said that he wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything illegal and that I was OK. I said "I think we're done here" and went on ahead into the restroom and then back to my table. He went back to his table and never said another word to me but did point in my direction while he was talking with the waitress. When the waitress came to bring us our bill I asked her if the "concerned citizen" had any concerns I should be aware of and she said "he probably does but I sure don't". I left her more than 20%.

:popcorn:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    LEO or not has zero to do with the price of tea in China. I really don't see how it's any of Mr. Concerned Citizen's business whatsoever and if he is not in any sort of situation to be taking enforcement action if I was "not OK" then why open his baconhole in the first place? Upon reflection my classmates and I decided that if I had quicker wit then I should have replied "Of course I'm OK, the voices in my head told me so".

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    LEO or not has zero to do with the price of tea in China. I really don't see how it's any of Mr. Concerned Citizen's business whatsoever and if he is not in any sort of situation to be taking enforcement action if I was "not OK" then why open his baconhole in the first place? Upon reflection my classmates and I decided that if I had quicker wit then I should have replied "Of course I'm OK, the voices in my head told me so".
    I probably would have asked him how he was ok with not carrying one.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If you were in Bloomington and got that reception I would be shocked. Even most Bloomingtonians know better than to act like that.

If you were in some truly decent place like Bedford, then I would be truly astounded.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, it is illegal to carry with out a license and citizens arrests are legal, maybe Mr. concerned citizen was just performing an investigatory stop.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    The amazing part to me is, what if you had answered that you are not "ok" to have that? What would Mr. Concerned do at that point? He has just started the ball rolling on he knows not what. I understand we don't know these answers from the original post, but was he carrying? If not and he has confronted someone with a firearm, what is he to do now? And, if you don't want to exercise your rights, fine. But leave someone alone who wants to. :twocents:

Top Bottom