What did Scutter01 make for dinner tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Spasmo and I try to share kitchen duties. I'm not a great cook, but I do OK. I thought you might be interested in what I made for dinner. These recipes are (more or less) my own creations, although I won't say I don't get inspired by other people's recipes. :)

If I can remember to do it, I'll try to start taking pictures before I eat.

Scutter01's Awesome Garlic Chicken Bake

fIjVbTL.jpg

Prep time: About 45 minutes

Ingredients:

Breading:
    2 egg yolks
    4-6 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 c dry Italian-style bread crumbs
    1 c powdered or grated Parmesan cheese (the cheap Kraft stuff works great here, but you can use fresh, too, as long as it's finely grated)
    1 tbs dried parsley flakes
    1/2 tbs sea salt
    1 tbs black pepper

Not...breading:
    4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    6 tbs butter

Preheat oven to 400F

Directions:

In a marinading bowl, mix the egg yolks and the garlic thoroughly. Place chicken in mixture, coating thoroughly, and allow to marinade as long as convenient. Overnight (covered, in the fridge) is best, but even just a few minutes is fine while you prepare the breading. Mostly, you're just trying to get some of the fresh garlic oils into the chicken.

In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients and use it to bread the chicken breasts on both sides. Retain the remaining breading.

Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Place the breaded chicken into the dish. Avoid overlapping. Pour the remaining egg/garlic mix over the chicken so you don't waste all that awesome garlic.

Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Turn the chicken over, use the remaining breading to cover the chicken a bit more and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit (349.817 Kelvin).

I serve mine with a side of white rice and a vegetable. Delish!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The top post was actually last night's dinner, but I forgot to post it up. Here was tonight's:

Scutter01's Completely Authentic Fajitas

Marinade:
    1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
    1 tbs soy sauce
    1 tbs cider vinegar
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 minced fresh garlic clove
    A couple of splashes of the hot sauce of your choice. I used Cholula Sauce

Sautee base:
    1 red pepper
    1 green pepper
    1 onion
    (cut veggies into whatever size you prefer)
    2 tbs vegetable oil
    4 Chicken breasts

Mix the marinade in a medium bowl. Cut chicken breasts into strips and add to marinade until thoroughly covered. Marinade at room temperature for around 30 minutes or so, or cover and refrigerate for several hours.

In a saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and sautee the vegetables for two minutes and then add the chicken. Pour any remaining marinade over the rest of the veggies. Continue sauteing for another 5 minutes or so until chicken is fully cooked. Do not overcook chicken or it will get tough and chewy.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Trust me, you don't want pics of them NOW. I'll try to get pics next time. You know, before they've been...processed.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It's dangerous to give out any kind of recipe on the internet. What if someone uses a little too much of this or that and the dish blows up in their face? What if they seat it too deeply and the pressure builds up? You should have a disclaimer.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's dangerous to give out any kind of recipe on the internet. What if someone uses a little too much of this or that and the dish blows up in their face? What if they seat it too deeply and the pressure builds up? You should have a disclaimer.

How about "Recipes provided by mrortega"?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom