I WAS ABUSED BY FOUR ARMY RANGERS TODAY!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    But I guess it didn't really count as abuse because I volunteered for it...

As I was getting ready to leave training today, two IMPD K-9 vehicles and two unmarked (but obviously gubment) SUVs pull in. The question was asked of who the guys were in the SUVs and we were told they were Rangers there to train their patrol dogs on explosive detection and people apprehension. Not being the sharpest tool in the shed I raised my hand when the Ranger-in-charge (didn't catch his rank) asked if anyone wanted to put on the bite suit. I thought I was just going to "run" from one dog and let him apprehend me, little did I know I was going to have to help train 4 dogs.

If you've never seen a bite suit, they are constructed of burlap and some kind of padding. Not very thick padding I should add... The one they gave me to wear smelled of urine and fear, not all of it my own.

Of the 4 dogs, 3 of them were big enough to knock me on my ass when they jumped on me. The 4th didn't weigh enough and I was able to walk back to its handler with it still hanging off my arm. The Rangers took their sweet time getting the dogs back on lead and off my arms, and one of them even had to choke his dog a little bit to get it to release. The last dog to hit me hit hard enough that I spun when I fell and landed on it. I sure would have felt bad if I'd have broken it... :D

I've got some decent scratches and bruising on the back of both arms, but even though it felt like it no teeth made it far enough through the suit to cause puncture wounds. I can honestly say now that I have some compassion for fleeing criminals that are apprehended by the k-9.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Aw man! I thought this was a thread about E5Ranger375 calling some of his fellow baby killers to attack local LEO's... but only the bad LEO's. :D

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    As a very experience dog trainer theirs no way i would let an inexperienced helper just take a bite off such valuble dogs its to easy for the dog to get hurt, a dual purpose narcotics apprehension dog usually goes for 6000.00 and up. normally bomb explosive detection dogs are not crosstrained for other uses, because of the sensitive nature of their work.
    Anyway sounds like you had a great time aint nothin like taken a bite off a well bred trained animal, makes you appreciate the suit or sleeve.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I volunteered for it...

... Not being the sharpest tool in the shed I raised my hand

Ummm, THERE"S your problem!
    th_img-1266598604.gif

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    As a very experience dog trainer theirs no way i would let an inexperienced helper just take a bite off such valuble dogs its to easy for the dog to get hurt, a dual purpose narcotics apprehension dog usually goes for 6000.00 and up. normally bomb explosive detection dogs are not crosstrained for other uses, because of the sensitive nature of their work.

Oh they made sure to tell me what to do when the dog hit me so I wouldn't hurt it.

Anyway sounds like you had a great time aint nothin like taken a bite off a well bred trained animal, makes you appreciate the suit or sleeve.

Anyone who says they can take a hit from an apprehension dog and just shrug it off is full of ****.

Top Bottom