• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Had something odd happen this morning. We have been fixing up my sister's car so she can sell it (she can no longer drive) and we brought it home from the garage yesterday. This morning, DoggyMama went out to do some detailing of the interior, and found a flip phone in the front seat. I called the garage, thinking it must belong to one of the mechanics, but it didn't. Someone just called the phone, and DoggyMama answered it. It was some lady that said she was calling the person that owned the phone, but wouldn't give his last name. She asked her where this person worked, and she said that he doesn't work, which would explain why it didn't belong to one of the mechanics.

My question is, what should we do if/when the owner of the phone contacts us? I'm thinking I need to call the police and have them present if/when he picks it up, because whomever it is, they have had no reason to be in the car.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Well, since VUPD said to trash it, I would:
    1: Ask sister if she knows who it belongs to. If not,
    2. Drunk dial the entire contact list, and then,
    3. Do as VUPD says

My $ says its a burner phone and will never be searched for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was it there the day before you found it.........You said "IN" the seat not on the seat. Driver or passenger side.
    Does Sis ever loan out the car???

Trash it......

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The plot thickens. The owner of the garage called us, and he said that HE found the phone in the console of the car. Now this car hasn't been driven for several weeks. This phone would have been long dead if it were left by someone that my sister or niece knew. Battery is almost dead now. Looks like it will go in the circular file. Anybody wanna buy a Verizon Samsung flip phone cheap??

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, since VUPD said to trash it, I would:
    1: Ask sister if she knows who it belongs to. If not,
    2. Drunk dial the entire contact list, and then,
    3. Do as VUPD says

My $ says its a burner phone and will never be searched for.

This may be right... I just tried to pull up the contacts and there are none. Hmmm... This would also explain why the lady that called it earlier didn't know the last name of the owner. Sounds like some clandestine activity going on to me.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Now this car hasn't been driven for several weeks. This phone would have been long dead if it were left by someone that my sister or niece knew. Battery is almost dead now. Looks like it will go in the circular file. Anybody wanna buy a Verizon Samsung flip phone cheap??
    Does it look like this? Mine will stay charged for literally months if unused.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That one hasn't been charged since the beginning of March (when they gave me a new work phone) and I was just able to power it on.

This one was already powered on though. I used to have one like it, and I hardly ever used it, but kept it on. I would still have to charge it after 5 days or so though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, you have to love the battery life of those simple phones!

On a side note I know that Clay is looking for a new phone... You may have a potential buyer there!

Top Bottom