• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ... I better not see it in the Christmas Parade.:D...

There's no better way to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior than to have a look at what the Romans would use to accomplish the slaughter of the innocents if they were still around today.

....too soon?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If you need it "real bad", it's too late. It becomes a portable "shelter in place".

Of course, it was "free". But the maintenance is expensive. I don't know many departments who wouldn't want to trade that sucker in for 10 patrol cars.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you need it "real bad", it's too late. It becomes a portable "shelter in place".

Of course, it was "free". But the maintenance is expensive. I don't know many departments who wouldn't want to trade that sucker in for 10 patrol cars.

No free lunch. Taxpayers paid for it, taxpayers will maintain it, same with patrol cars and their required maintenance. The taxpayers (oh wait, no they weren't) consented to it for you a couple hundred years ago. The MRAP is there in case anybody was thinking of withdrawing that consent.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Same thing a lawyer needs with a gun. Hopefully nothing, but if you ever do need it you'll need it real bad

With the exception of the Marlin 60 that my dad got me at 12 and a couple of guns clients have given me, I have paid for the purchase and upkeep of all my firearms. I have not demanded that my fellow citizens of Tippecanoe County pony up for my guns. Yet I have to pay for the MRAP toy?

Need it real bad? Sure, right, what if Godzilla knows Wing Chun and he attacks Battle Ground?

They just want the toy so they can talk about it at the next ISA seminar luncheon. I understand, boys and their toys.

There is simply no justification for this thing. Last time TCSD was in a gun fight here (St. v. Lile, Orchard Heights) it was one way and there was no time to send in the tank vs. Lile's red Cavalier.

If I see this stupid toy in the Christmas parade, on a Sheriff's Dept. baseball card, on a promo video I shall nuke it from orbit. I shall wait and see. And they better not run over any chickens for the cameras either.:D

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure, right, what if Godzilla knows Wing Chun and he attacks Battle Ground?

They just want the toy so they can talk about it at the next ISA seminar luncheon. I understand, boys and their toys.

There is simply no justification for this thing. Last time TCSD was in a gun fight here

When was the last time Kirk Freeman was in a gun fight? If nothing bad happens there, why aren't you over on Indiana Knitting Needle Owners exchanging pleasantries?

Nothing ever happens anywhere right up until it does.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...0x88694027dc6c4d83:0x8feca4c642723779!6m1!1e1

https://www.odmp.org/officer/18926-officer-frank-charles-denzinger

Town of 3,000 people. Officer killed by a 15 year old with a .30-06. Kid offed himself inside the house, but I'm sure a bit of armor would have been appreciated had he continued to fire.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Figure the odds. For example, if a shoe bomber got on an airplane, the likelihood of it happening again is so low that TSA wouldn't do anything about it.

Oh....wait.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When was the last time Kirk Freeman was in a gun fight?

Last time I had the gun out for real was October of 1996. I paid for the pistol and the ammo, not my fellow citizens.

Town of 3,000 people. Officer killed by a 15 year old with a .30-06. Kid offed himself inside the house, but I'm sure a bit of armor would have been appreciated had he continued to fire.

1. A town of 3,000 people that is not in Tippecanoe County.

2. Deputy ambushed by 15 year old who committed suicide after firing a grand total of 2 rounds.

3. The deputy responded to a call. Unless Barry is going to have his deputies respond to calls in this silly toy, the MRAP would have absolutely no impact on this case. BTW, even if the Floyd County deputy drove up in his tax-payer funded MRAP, he STILL HAS TO GET OUT OF THE SILLY TOY TO MAKE THE REPORT!!!

It's just a toy. Rationalization will not save it if they do something stupid with it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In reviewing the website that you reference I see that the last Sheriff's deputies to die in the line of duty was in the year 1928. That is 87 years ago.

In the murder of TCSD Deputies McClure and Grove, their weapons were taken from them and they were murdered INSIDE a motor vehicle.

How would the silly toy of an MRAP help Deputy McClure or Grove?

If we want to save the lives of Tippecanoe County deputies, based on BBI's website, shouldn't we disarm the Sheriff's Department?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I admit I am not the most imaginative person around.

But, I think the only LE scenario where an MRAP-type vehicle makes sense is in something like the LA bank robbery deal or the climactic scene from the movie "Heat." Other than that, numbers and radios are the keys to most LEO encounters.

Even in a situation with someone barricaded in a home, keep them inside and wait them out. If there's a concern about the person sniping at officers, keep them behind cover and use LEO snipers (who are probably better shooters).

Just MHO.

Otherwise this is a solution in search of a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Otherwise this is a solution in search of a problem.

I concur. Tippecanoe County just isn't Marion County.

Let's go back to BBI's website and look at how useful the toy would be in Lafayette. https://www.odmp.org/agency/2022-lafayette-police-department-indiana

The last death in Lafayette was in 1933, 82 years ago. A LPD copper interrupted a bank robbery, was murdered and then a citizen picked up the copper's smg and killed both of the robbers.

There is absolutely no need, outside bragging rights at ISA conference, to have this silly thing.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    West Lafayette has an MRAP. Let's look at all the coppers lost to the withering gunfire in the land of men in black socks with sandals and short-sleeve dress shirts with pocket protectors: https://www.odmp.org/search/browse/indiana

Oh, yeah, not a single person. Good thing that they have an MRAP. Betcha they love paying their property tax bills on the westside knowing that the MRAP is there for coppers to pose for photos on.:D

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Now, if there is a coordinated effort on the part of "some" in Marion County to prepare for a large-scale insurrection, then MRAPs in Johnson, Tippencanoe and other nearby counties might be tactically sound.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Now, if there is a coordinated effort on the part of "some" in Marion County to prepare for a large-scale insurrection, then MRAPs in Johnson, Tippencanoe and other nearby counties might be tactically sound.

Interesting thought. Good thing there's those stickers on the backs of the street signs so they know which route goes to which detainment facility.

:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom