• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, it happened to us. Paypal "limited" our account permanently. [ and is holding funds for 180 days. It's four digits, but low four digits at least.]

update: funds now released but account limited permanently

I had heard of this happening before and they cited the ammunition and high-capacity magazine sales as violating the TOS. A significant portion of our orders checked out using PayPal. We never liked them but it was as necessary evil and we knew this was always a possibility.

My question: should INGO use PayPal given their anti-second ammendment stance?

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We shouldn't, but I don't know of any service that offers the same security and convenience.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Well, it happened to us. Paypal "limited" our account permanently and is holding funds for 180 days. It's four digits, but low four digits at least. I had heard of this happening before and they cited the ammunition and high-capacity magazine sales as violating the TOS. A significant portion of our orders checked out using PayPal. We never liked them but it was as necessary evil and we knew this was always a possibility.

I have stopped using said......

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, it happened to us. Paypal "limited" our account permanently and is holding funds for 180 days. It's four digits, but low four digits at least. I had heard of this happening before and they cited the ammunition and high-capacity magazine sales as violating the TOS. A significant portion of our orders checked out using PayPal. We never liked them but it was as necessary evil and we knew this was always a possibility.

Looks like as far as your business is concerned, the answer is 'no'. :D

It's a shame that so many of these companies that we would like to use are so anti-gun. I don't have an account with them and at this time never plan to and this is a good reason not to.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You can buy a Gander Mountain gift card with Paypal, then you can use the gift card to buy ammo/guns.
    This gets around the Paypal issue and no Credit card is involved.

So this could done the same way for other websites that offer gift cards and accept Paypal.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Then why did you use them?

We sold on ebay and they are the easy button there. People prefer to use it so we went with it. I guess that's probably why INGO does it as was suggested. Just irritated I guess. I don't care about being shut down, I am ticked about them arbitrarily holding four-digit funds for six months.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Have you thought about other providers for taking payments? I've heard a few times of them cancelling an account because of the firearms TOS. Never heard of them holding four digit amounts for six months though.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have seen the threads for other services and will look into them. PistolPay appears to be for FFL holders only which we are not, though it may just be poor labeling of their site. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Paypal "froze" my account, and 3-digit funds for more than 4 weeks over a compound bow sale.

I protested, to no avail, but cancelled my account immediately after the release of funds.
    I refuse to use Paypal now. If I can't pay by other means I'll do without.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    There's one that I've heard of one called Dwolla. I haven't read the TOS, but the transaction fee is only $0.25 per transaction over $10. Under $10 is free.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We shouldn't, but I don't know of any service that offers the same security and convenience.

There are forums full of folks that don't have anyone's best interest at heart that would possibly make you rethink the security part of that statement. I have heard of places that have been known to partake in the trading of Paypal accounts that have been compromised.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Why shouldn't INGO use them? You did until you got burned by them and you know their was a chance too. Let INGO Mods make that decision. If the member stop using PayPal so will INGO. I'm not trying to start some thing with you personally but this thread is :horse:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A BIG **** you to paypal!! Had this happen myself and it was a pain in the ass! Commie bastards! I boycott paypal. I do not use it. It's cost me deals on here before (from sellers only accepting paypal). But boycotting them (paypal) is worth it. I understand all the people who love it and say how secure it is. Yeah it is until it isn't or until the communist foreigners running paypal decide to freeze YOUR money! In my case it was a few thousand dollars which I eventualy got thanks to a good and understanding customer who reversed his transaction and we did the deal another way. and on a ebay refund they forced me to take the $10o or so refund via paypal and therefore I never got it. Can't even get mailed a check if you don't give them sob's your bank info and first born child.
    if paypal and ebay got raided by the govt I would cheer. Probably the only time I'd cheer for this govt.
    oh I forgot about the account that we had frozen due to selling an AK-47 stock.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Let INGO Mods make that decision.

Ah, so no discussions about things on this discussion forum? I'm just sour grapes about our funds being held. With as many "don't go here ot there because guns aren't allowed threads" it's just odd that we accomodate paypal. Maybe it's hypocritical, or maybe it's just seeing clearly without a profit motive getting in the way now.

Top Bottom