• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was at a Subway restaurant today for lunch, and saw a kid wearing a letter jacket from the same high school that I graduated from. I told him "Hey, I have a jacket like that from when I went there." He said, "that's cool, when did you graduate?" I replied that I graduated in 1997. His reply to me was "Wow, I wasn't even born yet." I do the math real quick and realize that I've been out of high school for over 16 years now, so just about anyone 16 or younger was born close to or after I graduated.

So...I'm starting to understand what I've heard those older than me say for some time now when they say "wow, you just made me feel old." (and I'm sure by me posting the date I graduated that some of you will feel "old" as a result. :)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I was at a Subway restaurant today for lunch, and saw a kid wearing a letter jacket from the same high school that I graduated from. I told him "Hey, I have a jacket like that from when I went there." He said, "that's cool, when did you graduate?" I replied that I graduated in 1997. His reply to me was "Wow, I wasn't even born yet." I do the math real quick and realize that I've been out of high school for over 16 years now, so just about anyone 16 or younger was born close to or after I graduated.

So...I'm starting to understand what I've heard those older than me say for some time now when they say "wow, you just made me feel old." (and I'm sure by me posting the date I graduated that some of you will feel "old" as a result. :)

I graduated in 1997 as well. A couple people that graduated with me are going to be watching their kids graduate this year (one friend that graduated in 1999 has a couple years before his oldest graduates). One that graduated with me let his oldest borrow his letter jacket for a Halloween dance, his costume was an old person. It was interesting when he'd bring the baby so they could watch mom cheer at the football games. There was 1 that graduated in 1998 that has already seen her oldest graduate but she cheated because she got started in the 7th grade.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another kick in the stomach....

A few years ago, a young engineer, working in my group and I were talking one day, not too long after he started...He mentioned something about his dad and though I can't remember exactly what he said now, all I do remember is that his dad was the same age I was. I didn't think I was old enough yet to have a kid already graduated from college.
    biggrin.gif

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Growing old isn't for whimps! It happened so fast. I graduated in '78. But hopefully I'm getting wiser, I'm more patient now, I enjoy growing older. After all what's the alternative?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Did you hear the grey hairs popping out at that point?

Sneaks up fast - Doesn't it.

No grey hairs yet...but my 2 daughters will fix that without too much trouble in the not too distant future. I am starting to get some of those permanent creases in my brow and cheeks that I thought only old people got though. No crows feet by the eyes yet, but have noticed that my eyebrows and nose hair is growing much faster than the head on the top of my head!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The one that got me was the other day when I heard that while high school students today were alive during 9/11, many of them were too young to recall any of the events and have only read about it in textbooks. I realized by brother-in-law falls into that category, which really made me take a deep breath, sigh, and realize I'm getting old and didn't even realize it.

Top Bottom