• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Graduated in 96. I realized I was getting old when I saw a sign that said people born in 1990 could buy alcohol.

You know you're getting old when you hear the songs you listened to in HS on the "classics/oldies" station...:oldwise:

I was helping setup a phone yesterday and we setup a "old school rap" station on Pandora for him. It started playing songs I remembered from college!

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Had someone pick me up a bottle of wine when I graduated back in 87 to enjoy on my 50th. Robert Mondovi Cabernet Sauvignon 68. Still have it today and have tried to keep it out of daylight since. Probably have to wash it down with tequila because it tastes like $h** :rolleyes:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You know you're getting old when you hear the songs you listened to in HS on the "classics/oldies" station...:oldwise:
    Not quite, but close!
    It's when you hear the soft instrumental version in an elevator. It dawned on me as I caught myself humming along to Sweet Emotion done on piano and harp or something about a dozen years ago.
    *sniffle*

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Man, it's all dusty and smells like stale farts in here! Air this joint out! :oldwise: Bunch of old fogeys...

Except gunmom1911 and BiPlaneGirl of course.

Ralphie Parker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2013
    Waterloo
    When someone asked me if I felt old after I became a Grandpa, I said not until it dawned on me that I'm married to a Grandma.... Man, that was 12 years ago. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Man, it's all dusty and smells like stale farts in here! Air this joint out! :oldwise: Bunch of old fogeys...

Except gunmom1911 and BiPlaneGirl of course.
    Yeah, it's not me.
    Currently, I smell like hot chocolate spills and sugar cookie crumbs. Don't judge.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was at a Subway restaurant today for lunch, and saw a kid wearing a letter jacket from the same high school that I graduated from. I told him "Hey, I have a jacket like that from when I went there." He said, "that's cool, when did you graduate?" I replied that I graduated in 1997. His reply to me was "Wow, I wasn't even born yet." I do the math real quick and realize that I've been out of high school for over 16 years now, so just about anyone 16 or younger was born close to or after I graduated.

So...I'm starting to understand what I've heard those older than me say for some time now when they say "wow, you just made me feel old." (and I'm sure by me posting the date I graduated that some of you will feel "old" as a result. :)

Well if it makes you feel any better, Julie and I have been married longer then you have been a high school graduate. So technically I could be that young mans dad. You also have more hair and less of a potbelly compared to me.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Well if it makes you feel any better, Julie and I have been married longer then you have been a high school graduate. So technically I could be that young mans dad. You also have more hair and less of a potbelly compared to me.
    You have a way with words,VERT. Just made me feel older! Thanks!:laugh:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You have a way with words,VERT. Just made me feel older! Thanks!:laugh:

I started taking Tae Kwon Do with my son about 2 months ago. I had to spar with a 16 year kid who is a second Dan black belt last night. Let me tell you I feel old. After class all I could do was lay down in the dressing room. I mean this young man flat out kicked my butt!

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    1978 was my graduation date. Still feel 20. Harder to get a date in that age bracket now, tho'.

Dang, ole timer! That's when I wuz bern!

Oh, I mentioned I graduated in 96... I learned last year that my high school was being torn down because it was old :( It was opened in 1969!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

LOL...but you still look way more cool than I do slicing the pie and weaving between blue barrels during drills. ;)

Top Bottom