• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am looking for around 3 or 4 guys to help me with my cannon project this Saturday morning. I need the 260 pound barrel lifted into place and held there for around 10 minutes to hold the metal trunnion pockets in place at the correct angle while some epoxy sets up. Should take less than 30 minutes once we have a game plan. Beer and or coffee will be provided. I have this posted on facebook and I really hope my friends come through first, but its not lookin good. I am going to try and take this thing to the welders in a week or so and this HAS to be done first. Anybody that helps will get an invite to the maiden firing. Location is the FAR east side of Marion county, near 10th and German Church. PM me if you are interested. I am thinking it will be around 930 am to 10ish. Possibly longer if we shoot the **** for a while. I also have a foosball table if anybody wants to play a little.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    It needs to be eased into place to keep it from pushing the metal to deep into the epoxy. I do not trust an engine hoists ability to lower it smooth enough. there is also no good way of keeping the cannon from wanting to twist since both sides have to be done simultaneously.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I can make it Saturday night if need be. I REALLY need to get this done on Saturday. I work on Sunday, and may be taking it to the welders as early as Monday.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It needs to be eased into place to keep it from pushing the metal to deep into the epoxy. I do not trust an engine hoists ability to lower it smooth enough. there is also no good way of keeping the cannon from wanting to twist since both sides have to be done simultaneously.

manual block and tackle would probably be more effective. B&T to support the weight, two more guys to guide it into place.

I wouldnt trust a hydraulic hoist either. too much sudden movement since the hydraulic bleed off valves dont tend to be too precise. too far down? Big deal, give it a few pumps and the engine is back where you want it. Not so much in this scenario.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Might still be a good idea to lower it with an engine stand close to its final destination. I may be able to help and I am about 5 miles east of you. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    its not so heavy that you need an engine hoist. Two people can pick it up and move it fairly easy. I just think the more the better as there will be more control.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    I'm game. I live just around the block from you. I've got a 1 bore mountain howitzer. So would love to meet u face to face

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Just laughing because that Kris douche was always yelling ITS A CANNON... and now you are building a cannon. Kris celebrates over your decision to build one.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    kris-ford-bio0-1.jpg

Top Bottom