• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always readable (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

At least I don't post like this.

yo i like ur forum its awesome dis is a good forum

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always readable (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

At least I don't post like this.

yo i like ur forum its awesome dis is a good forum

We're only annoying because we remind you of your own inadequecies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Some people can be intentionally brutal and attempt to infuse humor, but that's a personality issue. Some do it to build their own esteem, while others do it to help and it's easy to tell the difference. On the other hand, we can all learn something when we are found to be wrong. The old folks would say "chew the meat and spit out the bones".

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Do you judge people by their speech in real life? Confusing their and they're, not capitalizing proper nouns, and creating massive run on walls of text make you appear to be stupid. I recall someone on here who submitted a petition to wethepeople that was full of grammatical errors your average 10 year old should be able to avoid, would you take someone seriously who can't be bothered to proofread a submission to the POTUS?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Do you judge people by their speech in real life? Confusing their and they're, not capitalizing proper nouns, and creating massive run on walls of text make you appear to be stupid. I recall someone on here who submitted a petition to wethepeople that was full of grammatical errors your average 10 year old should be able to avoid, would you take someone seriously who can't be bothered to proofread a submission to the POTUS?

this ^^ There was a kid that mowed my father-in-law's yard for me. He was polite, well spoken, and trustworthy in person... and then one day, he sent me a text. Any respect I had for the kid ended that day.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sometimes posts are very hard to read.
    But sometimes it's just quibbling over useless stuff.

Substitute Grammar in place of Illinois in this video.
    [video=youtube;-ukFAvYP3UU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ukFAvYP3UU[/video]

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Grammer natzits suk, ignor dem i do

scanners_exploding_head.gif

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I don't mind the "grammar diversity" in posts, but really dislike it at work when I am reading someone's report. Things can have so many meanings then. Surprised how many don't use spell check on those reports when it's as easy clicking an icon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I graduated HS in 1968. English was not my strongest subject. I found it to be horribly boring the way it was taught. I do my best with the public education I received. It has served me well enough. Sometimes when attempting to insert humor or sarcasm I forget to use a smiley face or purple. I have been set upon by the dreaded Grammar Nazi. It reminds me of my least liked English teacher in HS. Pisses me off.
    If put to me in a fashion I can accept and learn no issues. If pushed on me to belittle on an open forum.....bite me.

-CM-

Top Bottom