• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am VERY familiar with that neighborhood. Former client lives there. I'll back up that "I bet most doors are unlocked" statement. While its not a very large sample size, I know the door was always unlocked when I would pay him a visit.

I only believe the door was ever locked when he was gone or at night.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll bet you a cheeseburger that on the night of the altercation that door was unlocked, as were 9 of 10 of his neighbors. This is Zionsville...the delusion is real.

Real ****: I just went downstairs and locked mine.

I'm a few blocks from Gary. My door is never unlocked.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My door doesn't open unless I know who it is. Period. And that isn't to protect me from them. It's to protect them from the pair of 120lb fuzzy bullets with teeth.

Someone comes to my door, I announce I will be more than happy to call the police to assist them.

In my case, the best case scenario for someone attempting to break into my house would be, they would be met by 12 paws and 3 sets of jaws full of teeth. The smallest is about 45lbs, but the big one tops 110lbs easily.

If I answer the door there is a gun in my hand, unless I know who is there.
    Been that way for more than a decade and I don't plan on changing my ways anytime soon.

Hope the homeowner survives without major complications, and comes away with a better understanding of our need to protect the 2nd amendment.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    "Good neighborhoods" are just a few blocks from "bad neighborhoods"...no matter where in the city they are. Zionsville is a 20-minute car ride from "the swamp" or Haughville.

I live in Zionsville. I know Austin Oaks. From this point forward I won't be answering the door unarmed.

Definitely home carry. I don't know if home carrying would have helped in this situation but it couldn't hurt.:twocents:

When I home carry, it's almost always OC on my hip. Very obvious. That's how I always answer the door, unless I'm in shorts or sweats and then it's in the belly band. My thought is, if I answer the door and someone has bad intentions, there's a chance that seeing the gun on my hip will cause the dirtbag to change their plans. If not, I'm prepared to use the gun to defend myself and my family.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you never unlock it, how do you open it? :stickpoke:

My mom has one of those never unlocked doors and I often end up almost swearing after opening it from the inside then upon returning have to knock so someone can open it.

Top Bottom