• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Good neighborhoods" are just a few blocks from "bad neighborhoods"...no matter where in the city they are. Zionsville is a 20-minute car ride from "the swamp" or Haughville.

I live in Zionsville. I know Austin Oaks. From this point forward I won't be answering the door unarmed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We were talking about this at church last night. Even in a "little town" like Mitchell or out in the country, you never know who's going to come try to break in.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    My door doesn't open unless I know who it is. Period. And that isn't to protect me from them. It's to protect them from the pair of 120lb fuzzy bullets with teeth.

Someone comes to my door, I announce I will be more than happy to call the police to assist them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "Good neighborhoods" are just a few blocks from "bad neighborhoods"...no matter where in the city they are. Zionsville is a 20-minute car ride from "the swamp" or Haughville.

I live in Zionsville. I know Austin Oaks. From this point forward I won't be answering the door unarmed.

Wait, you answer the door unarmed?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    My door doesn't open unless I know who it is. Period. And that isn't to protect me from them. It's to protect them from the pair of 120lb fuzzy bullets with teeth.

Someone comes to my door, I announce I will be more than happy to call the police to assist them.

+1 You come to my door with the sound of a pair of shepherds barking and STILL want to force your way in... well you're in trouble.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nice thing about living deep in the woods is that nobody knocks on your door by happenstance.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    We were talking about this at church last night. Even in a "little town" like Mitchell or out in the country, you never know who's going to come try to break in.

If they make it past the perimeter alarms undetected they will be greeted by a very suspicious and heavily armed person. If the entire family is home then a wrong move could light them up like Apocalypse Now. Friends are very welcome out here, but only when announced.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they make it past the perimeter alarms undetected they will be greeted by a very suspicious and heavily armed person. If the entire family is home then a wrong move could light them up like Apocalypse Now. Friends are very welcome out here, but only when announced.

If you know us you will announce your intentions before getting here and call/text when you arrive.
    If you do not know us you will knock on the wrong door and be greeted from multiple angles by curios and well armed individuals.
    If you are selling something and failed to head the well posted area how you leave is up to you.
    If you are any level of A$$Hat beyond that well..................

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I found the house using Google maps. Across the street was nothing but trees. Between the road curving and all the trees that house is out of sight from the neighbors. Looking at the neighborhood I'd guess nothing ever happens so the opening the door after dark was not something you'd worry about. All that changed the other night.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found the house using Google maps. Across the street was nothing but trees. Between the road curving and all the trees that house is out of sight from the neighbors. Looking at the neighborhood I'd guess nothing ever happens so the opening the door after dark was not something you'd worry about. All that changed the other night.

I'll bet you a cheeseburger that on the night of the altercation that door was unlocked, as were 9 of 10 of his neighbors. This is Zionsville...the delusion is real.

Real ****: I just went downstairs and locked mine.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Definitely home carry. I don't know if home carrying would have helped in this situation but it couldn't hurt.:twocents:

Top Bottom