• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I believe the prosecution asked the judge to consider allowing the jury to consider a manslaughter charge. I think the judge is going to rule on that tomorrow. They must feel they didn't prove their case and just hoping for something to stick.

I'm with other folks, the evidence seems to indicate this should have never, ever went to trial.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm with other folks, the evidence seems to indicate this should have never, ever went to trial.

I had a chance to watch but a few minutes of this trial live on cable news.

I had a chance to watch Trayvonn Martin's brother testifying about the screaming voice on the audio recording. He stated on the witness stand that he thought the voice belonged to Trayvonn.
    When cross examined, the defense asked Trayvonn's brother about a claim that he at first said he wasn't sure who's voice it was.

His answer struck my ear the wrong way, and I can't get past what Trayvonn's brother testified.
    I can't quote the entire testimony, but I don't feel the need to elaborate.

Trayvonn's brother, when asked about not being sure about the recording he stated, "Well, when we first heard the recording in the Mayor's office..."

What?
    Why is ANYONE hearing this recording in the Mayor's office. This was in the middle of a police investigation, and the Mayor, and God only knows who else was involved?
    How can that point alone NOT be considered inappropriate.

This entire trial reminds me of the movie "My cousin Vinney".

The movie was very funny. This kangaroo court is just sad. The prosecution is ineffective and inarticulate. How they ever passed a bar exam is beyond me.
    The defense, or at least half of it, seems pompous, and juvenile.

One more thing. I'm about sick and tired of hearing Travonn Martin being portrayed as "...an unarmed child/teenager minority..." and I hope the defense has the testicular fortitude to rebuke this portrayal.
    First, in the still shot of Trayvonn in the convenience store, Trayvonn is head and shoulders taller than the store clerk. He is by NO means "child" sized. He's much closer to what most would consider a full-grown man size.
    Second. All who have testified said it was dark out that night. No lights near by. It was raining, and Trayvonn had his hood up.

So, it's dark and raining, and Trayvonn has his hood up, and he is physically larger than George Zimmerman. How exactly is George Zimmerman supposed to see his face clearly enough to judge age?

I also saw today, one of the Martin family attorney's that stated on MSNBC that this trial, and the verdict, will set a precedent. Excuse me?
    He actually stated on national t.v. this trial will set a precedent for whether a person that kills an unarmed child will be held accountable, or whether someone can shoot and kill a minority and get away with it.

How can you hear that, and think this is not about race and revenge.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    The State has a weak case that never should have been filed but was due to politics. Now that trial is on they need to pull out every "dirty" trick they can to try and get a conviction. The State's Attorney General needs to try and save face after she dumped this loser on the poor slobs trying it for the State. It's all about politics and appeasing some people, it's not about justice.

I would love to see the defense put the prosecutors on the stand and ask them under oath, when they decided to press charges, why it never went before a grand jury, and who pressured them to change their minds about charging him because they were not going to at first.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Moving and a name change. That what the Rodney King cops did. One of them moved to Indianapolis actually, he went to grad school with a friend of mine there.

Hey Kirk,

What did you think of the testy little exchange between the judge and the defense about whether Z had decided to testify?

Judge Confronts Zimmerman in Testy Exchange | National Review Online

I can see the questions for purposes of keeping the record clean as to his ability/opportunity to assert his right to testify or remain silent, but I cannot understand doing it before the defense's direct case is over. Also, it looked to me like the jury was possibly still in the roon and I can't see how that would be appropriate either.

Seemed really goofy and kinda risky to me but I wanted your thoughts.

Thanks,

Joe

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Last night I watched some of the DR Drew shoqw on HLN to get an update on the days trial activity, some lady who always wears a hat the style the Pope wears, actualy stated the violence will be a result of a Zimmerman aquittal guarenteed, lucky for me we took our central Florida vacation the week before the Zimmerman trial sarted.

OK Googled Shahrazad Ali's hat, got no link, can anybody lmk the significance of the fabric crown she wears. Nothing personnal, just never seen one before, is it a nation of islam headwear, some she wears are different colors, some have symbols on them, educate me?!?

Last edited:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hey Kirk,

What did you think of the testy little exchange between the judge and the defense about whether Z had decided to testify?

I can see the questions for purposes of keeping the record clean as to his ability/opportunity to assert his right to testify or remain silent, but I cannot understand doing it before the defense's direct case is over. Also, it looked to me like the jury was possibly still in the roon and I can't see how that would be appropriate either.

Thanks,

Joe

:popcorn:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I had a chance to watch but a few minutes of this trial live on cable news.

I had a chance to watch Trayvonn Martin's brother testifying about the screaming voice on the audio recording. He stated on the witness stand that he thought the voice belonged to Trayvonn.
    When cross examined, the defense asked Trayvonn's brother about a claim that he at first said he wasn't sure who's voice it was.

His answer struck my ear the wrong way, and I can't get past what Trayvonn's brother testified.
    I can't quote the entire testimony, but I don't feel the need to elaborate.

Trayvonn's brother, when asked about not being sure about the recording he stated, "Well, when we first heard the recording in the Mayor's office..."

What?
    Why is ANYONE hearing this recording in the Mayor's office. This was in the middle of a police investigation, and the Mayor, and God only knows who else was involved?
    How can that point alone NOT be considered inappropriate.

This entire trial reminds me of the movie "My cousin Vinney".

The movie was very funny. This kangaroo court is just sad. The prosecution is ineffective and inarticulate. How they ever passed a bar exam is beyond me.
    The defense, or at least half of it, seems pompous, and juvenile.

One more thing. I'm about sick and tired of hearing Travonn Martin being portrayed as "...an unarmed child/teenager minority..." and I hope the defense has the testicular fortitude to rebuke this portrayal.
    First, in the still shot of Trayvonn in the convenience store, Trayvonn is head and shoulders taller than the store clerk. He is by NO means "child" sized. He's much closer to what most would consider a full-grown man size.
    Second. All who have testified said it was dark out that night. No lights near by. It was raining, and Trayvonn had his hood up.

So, it's dark and raining, and Trayvonn has his hood up, and he is physically larger than George Zimmerman. How exactly is George Zimmerman supposed to see his face clearly enough to judge age?

I also saw today, one of the Martin family attorney's that stated on MSNBC that this trial, and the verdict, will set a precedent. Excuse me?
    He actually stated on national t.v. this trial will set a precedent for whether a person that kills an unarmed child will be held accountable, or whether someone can shoot and kill a minority and get away with it.

How can you hear that, and think this is not about race and revenge.

Interesting...I haven't watched any of it...getting my news from the internet on this.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hey Kirk,

Thanks,

Joe

The jury was most certainly NOT in the room. No mention or comment can be made regarding a defendent's choice not to testify in front of the jury. Reversible error, not even a close call.

As for it being before the end of the case, the defense has earlier told the judge how many witnesses they expected to call, when and how long they thought the witnesses would take. The judge was just using that opportunity to see what the rest of the day would look like. Would it be soaked up with a direct and cross (probably the next day too), or would they be getting close to concluding evidence that day. No problem there.

There would have not have been a testy exchange without the media coverage. The defense just didn't want huge news coverage of the choice not to testify at that time and, in my opinion, because they wanted to wait for as long as possible to lessen the chance that the jury would hear about it before deliberations. Without the media coverage she just would have asked, he would say "haven't made up my mind..." and that would be that.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I have not read the entire thread so someone may have mentioned this.
    I am tired of hearing about gz, looking for trouble arguement. To me that does not matter. You could argue anyone who goe to Indianapolis at night is "looking for trouble". Does that mean when trouble finds them they are not allowed to defend them selves?
    The only thing that matters are the few seconds that happened right before gz shot tm. In those seconds gz felt his life was in danger, and as such defended himself with a firearm. Nothing else being dragged out infront of the court or cameras matter. It has no bearing on this case. Tm assulted another human being, and payed for it with his life. Case closed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey Kirk,

What do I think? I think is it a solid argument to keep cameras out of the courtroom.

I have a bellyful of grandstanding already. Cameras will only make it exponentially worse.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Some Facts that SHOULD win the case, but seeing how this country is going i wouldnt be surprised if he gets convicted so here we go---- zimmerman was on the ground with Trayvon, Zimmerman was ON HIS BACK with trayvon on TOP when he shot him. Right there does it for me. The star witness FOR trayvon is caught lying on the stand, cant read the letter she supposedly wrote, and just a blithering idiot to boot, shows they really got nothing. Multiple witnesses NOT related to Zimmerman testify it was his voice on the tape screaming, while trayvon's father initially said he couldnt tell then changed that. Trayvon has drugs in his system, zimmerman said he thought the person he was following was on drugs. The small fact that they said dont follow him is irrelevant, he is neighborhood watch, if he didnt follow him you think the cops would have done anything? especially in a crime ridden neighborhood with lots of break ins, zimmerman should have followed him UNTIL the cops showed up, that didnt play out though. The most telling thing is the media, they want him to fry, they call him a "white hispanic" and have doctored tapes and audio in their reporting to make him look guilty. that alone puts me in a state of believing he is not guilty. having said all that, the masses dont look at the facts, they will look at race, as they have been taught to by there democrat overloads. Get ready for the riots.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What do I think? I think is it a solid argument to keep cameras out of the courtroom.

I have a bellyful of grandstanding already. Cameras will only make it exponentially worse.

You and I agree on that. Horrible idea. If you care enough about what happens during a trial show up and watch; they're open to the public. I've had a few trials with pretty full courtrooms.....but don't trust the newspapers to get anything right.

I'm good with this being the limit of my courtroom TV exposure...but I do NOT have a Leno chin:

k3t.bmp

Last edited:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Um, this is really just an educated guess....but I believe she thinks she is of African royal heritage or some such. I wondered about it myself. She seems 'prejudiced' to me and rather radical. Definitely has (currently) issues w/ the slavery era, civil rights/black issues from the '50's and '60's. She even stated as much on that channel on July 9th...

Last night I watched some of the DR Drew shoqw on HLN to get an update on the days trial activity, some lady who always wears a hat the style the Pope wears, actualy stated the violence will be a result of a Zimmerman aquittal guarenteed, lucky for me we took our central Florida vacation the week before the Zimmerman trial sarted.

OK Googled Shahrazad Ali's hat, got no link, can anybody lmk the significance of the fabric crown she wears. Nothing personnal, just never seen one before, is it a nation of islam headwear, some she wears are different colors, some have symbols on them, educate me?!?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    If not for cameras where the average citizen can see for themselves exactly what is going on and what is said we would only have the word of MSNBC, CBS, CNN and the other lying media hacks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If not for cameras where the average citizen can see for themselves exactly what is going on and what is said we would only have the word of MSNBC, CBS, CNN and the other lying media hacks.

With this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^we now know how biased and full of :poop: the majority of the talking heads really are.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    We'll never know the full truth, but that's what the justice system was designed for. Unfortunately, in this case, there may be some scary precidents set for the future.

Regardless of his guilt or innocence, this case has been a debacle from the start.

1. Federal government involvement on national TV.
    2. The authority of the law (police department) undermined. (No evidence of a crime found....pressure to charge, forced to resign)
    3. A group of thugs representing more thugs that pressure the charging based on threats.
    4. Federal funding for organization of protests for one side. DOJ employees protecting and allegedly organizing protests that resulted in threats of riots, etc., eventually resulting in the charges.

There are more things than I have listed, but that's a start.

If he is found guilty for anything, it changes the game for a lot of people. Not just the guys who carry for self defense, but also the police officers and departments putting their lives on the line to offer protection to the public.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Does anyone else think Martin's friend (witness) was going to carbon freeze han solo at any moment?

She certainly seemed to be heavily medicated. But even the "medication" could not prevent her from showing outright disdain for the court and the defense lawyer.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    We'll never know the full truth, but that's what the justice system was designed for. Unfortunately, in this case, there may be some scary precidents set for the future.

Regardless of his guilt or innocence, this case has been a debacle from the start.

1. Federal government involvement on national TV.
    2. The authority of the law (police department) undermined. (No evidence of a crime found....pressure to charge, forced to resign)
    3. A group of thugs representing more thugs that pressure the charging based on threats.
    4. Federal funding for organization of protests for one side. DOJ employees protecting and allegedly organizing protests that resulted in threats of riots, etc., eventually resulting in the charges.

There are more things than I have listed, but that's a start.

If he is found guilty for anything, it changes the game for a lot of people. Not just the guys who carry for self defense, but also the police officers and departments putting their lives on the line to offer protection to the public.

You forgot about the fact that the first Prosecutor assigned was fired and replaced with the current nut job, because the first prosecutor could not put a case together. The current prosecutor skipping in court was priceless, how could the jury take this idiot serious?

Top Bottom