• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Being a father does not make me place blame on the victim rather than the attacker. What it DOES do is reinforce how important it is to teach your children to not engage in fighting. The other person just might have a gun.

So can we blame women who shoot someone trying to rape them because had they not worn sexy clothing the man never would have tried to rape them?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    2 jurors initially felt manslaughter was appropriate. 1 juror wanted 2nd deg homicide.

Read what juror B37 said today. Even she felt that George went "above and beyond [the pale]".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    2 jurors initially felt manslaughter was appropriate. 1 juror wanted 2nd deg homicide.

Read what juror B37 said today. Even she felt that George went "above and beyond [the pale]".

You should feel better now. After all, you made it clear that in Martin's position you would simply have shot Zimmerman who hadn't done anything from you aside from calling 911.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I guess I am an extremest who is standing alone, on my island, in my bunker - Because I don't see what George Zimmerman did wrong.

#1) He was involved in his community. He cared for his community. He joined neighborhood watch.

#2) While being a concerned citizen he observed something unusual. He stopped his vehicle and got out to investigate.

#3) While in the process of investigating he called 911 for professional help.

#4) When he lost visual contact he attempted to return to his vehicle. Somewhere in here an altercation ensued.

#5) During the altercation he found himself prone on the ground with his head being slammed into the concrete. He was facing severe bodily injury or death.

#6) He exercised his NATURAL RIGHT to defend himself and the attack was ended.

I see nothing wrong here! I don't see him guilty of anything.

What I see are a lot of folks who have succumbed to the "better to not get involved" mentality having their noses ego's bruised, or perhaps being forced to confront the failures of the "not get involved" mentality.

Was he zealous? If so, GOOD! Do we not want zealous police officers? Do we not want zealous workers? Do we not want zealous people who, with a fire in their belly and a cause to champion go forth and make the world a better place? I know I do!

I want zealous doctors, lawyers, accountants, mechanics, plumbers, electricians and on and on who will go above and beyond for me when I need their expertise and advice.

The only thing George Zimmerman was guilty of was being a zealous defender of his community. He brought shame to mediocrity.

It is a pity that we will now deride a positive character trait.

Regards,

Doug

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Here in the north, are we Craka's or Saltines? Honkey's or has the term been changed to horn beepers for political correctnes? If I had a son he would not look like Trayvon, wait I do have a son, he looks like his momma.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I saw the interview. Seems you're leaving a lot of context of that statement out. Did you read all she said? Or did you just read the parts that most justify your feelings?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To All,

I guess I am an extremest who is standing alone, on my island, in my bunker - Because I don't see what George Zimmerman did wrong.

#1) He was involved in his community. He cared for his community. He joined neighborhood watch.

#2) While being a concerned citizen he observed something unusual. He stopped his vehicle and got out to investigate.

#4) When he lost visual contact he attempted to return to his vehicle. Somewhere in here an altercation ensued.

#5) During the altercation he found himself prone on the ground with his head being slammed into the concrete. He was facing severe bodily injury or death.

What I see are a lot of folks who have succumbed to the "better to not get involved" mentality having their noses ego's bruised, or perhaps being forced to confront the failures of the "not get involved" mentality.

Was he zealous? If so, GOOD! Do we not want zealous police officers? Do we not want zealous workers? Do we not want zealous people who, with a fire in their belly and a cause to champion go forth and make the world a better place? I know I do!

I want zealous doctors, lawyers, accountants, mechanics, plumbers, electricians and on and on who will go above and beyond for me when I need their expertise and advice.

The only thing George Zimmerman was guilty of was being a zealous defender of his community. He brought shame to mediocrity.

Regards,

Doug

Totally on point^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^As always.

I get so tired of those who see "Z" as the aggressor in this. My daughter was starting to succumb to the media hype as was her fiancee. WE discussed this at length last night as both of them said I would do the same thing as "T" had done. I said no, I would have confronted him right away and not doubled back to jump him and beat him down. This action made "T" the aggressor in this action.

Heres a thought....do not call the girl friend, call 911 and say there is a creepy ass cracker tailing you, what do I do now.

Here's another thought, once you have eluded the creepy ass cracker....go the hell home.

WTF is wrong with some of you people. If you live in an area that has issues you either defend your area or move the hell out. Not everyone can or will move. Some of us stand our ground.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You and I both know that a trial may or may not result in a righteous verdict.

I still believe that Zimmerman made the wrong choices that night and it resulted in someone's unnecessary death.

Zimmerman may or may not have made bad choices. The point nobody in the media is making is Trayvon could have just kept walking, and gone home! He would still be alive and able to continue his wannabe thug lifestyle!
    instead, he chose to come back, and attack Zimmerman!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

+1.....i guess you seen the same trial i did.....all the protesters must have seen another trial.......:dunno:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Zimmerman may or may not have made bad choices. The point nobody in the media is making is Trayvon could have just kept walking, and gone home! He would still be alive and able to continue his wannabe thug lifestyle!

^ Exactly. He told Rachel that he wasn't going to run, which I think was code for how he was gonna fight. God knows why the teen would make such a bad and violent decision--perhaps simply because he knew he could--but there was a LOT of evidence on his phone (that was covered up by prosecution) proving Trayvon was a fighter, a thief, a frequent MJ smoker, handling guns, wannabe gangster, and all that, which says to me he had been making a string of bad choices for quite a while. He was kicked out of school for pot, and stolen jewelry, which was the reason he was staying at his dad's house. He was a troubled teen--just like a lot of us were--but instead of simply turning to drugs or sex, he was engaged in violence. So not only did most of the "Justice for Trayvon" crowd apparently miss the trial on TV to see there was zero evidence against Zimmerman, but loads of evidence proving Trayvon was actually a punk was omitted by a lynch mob prosecution team.

It was violence that killed Trayvon, not George Zimmerman per say. There was no racism, racism was invented by Crump and Sharpton, so they could force the case into the spotlight. Trayvon looked suspicious for good reason, and I'm sure that will come out soon enough. There is a false narrative being portrayed in the media still today that says Trayvon was an angel with Skittles, and was murdered because he was black. He was killed because he was violent, and even Trayvon's own mither said that voice screaming for help in that 911 tape was in fear for his life! We know who's voice that was. Trayvon's own mom knew that screaming for help exonnerated Zimmerman, which is why she countered that it was her son.

Now add the current media distortions to the growing list cited here:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/13/Media-Zimmerman-Coverage-Rap-Sheet

Last edited:

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

You AND MOST OF AMERICA, forgot #3 1/2;

#3 1/2) The DISPATCHER, NOT A POLICE OFFICER, told Zimmerman to stand down. A dispatcher is NOT A POLICE OFFICER AND HAS NO POLICE AUTHORITY.

Every fool I hear calling in to local and national radio talk shows are all, "The Police told Zimmerman to stand down!!!" "Why didn't he get arrested for not following police orders?!!!"

Bottom line: The local prosecutors didn't see a case and didn't prosecute him. The "nation" cried foul and thought better than the local prosecutors...epic fail. Justice, once again, persevered. Period.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You AND MOST OF AMERICA, forgot #3 1/2;

#3 1/2) The DISPATCHER, NOT A POLICE OFFICER, told Zimmerman to stand down. A dispatcher is NOT A POLICE OFFICER AND HAS NO POLICE AUTHORITY.

And you, along with all of them are misquoting the dispatcher!
    After Zimmerman told the dispatcher that he was following Martin, he was told " WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT"!
    that is completely different than "stand down" or "stay in your vehicle" or "stop following" or any of the other misquotes!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    but there was a LOT of evidence on his phone (that was covered up by prosecution) proving Trayvon was a fighter, a thief, a frequent MJ smoker, handling guns, wannabe gangster, and all that, which says to me he had been making a string of bad choices for quite a while. He was kicked out of school for pot, and stolen jewelry, which was the reason he was staying at his dad's house. He was a troubled teen--just like a lot of us were--but instead of simply turning to drugs or sex, he was engaged in violence.

I don't think it was covered up as much as it was simply inadmissible as evidence. Had GZ known TM beforehand, and had knowledge of his prior bad acts, it would have been allowed. Because he had no way to know, it played no role in his thought process that night and would only serve to prejudice the jury against TM.

The fact that the jury said not guilty without knowing of any of TM's past bad acts tells me all I need to know. I would also bet that any jurors who were leaning towards guilty at any point feel better about their decision today knowing that the angelic boy that prosecution talked about bore little resemblance to the TM of that night.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    And you, along with all of them are misquoting the dispatcher!
    After Zimmerman told the dispatcher that he was following Martin, he was told " WE DON'T NEED YOU TO DO THAT"!
    that is completely different than "stand down" or "stay in your vehicle" or "stop following" or any of the other misquotes!

Which is why I did not put "stand down" in quotes. My intent was to not quote the dispatcher, only to make the point that it was a dispatcher and not a police officer that Zimmerman was talking to.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Don't even bother with him. He previously stated if someone was following him he'd just kill them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's get the order right. Here's a section of the transcript:

Zimmerman: ....****, he's running.
    Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
    Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
    Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
    Zimmerman: The back entrance...****ing [disputed/unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: Are you following him?
    Zimmerman: Yeah.
    Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that.
    Zimmerman: Okay.

So, first the dispatcher is asking Zimmerman information about where Martin is headed, direction, destination, etc. Zimmerman wants to answer the questions the dispatcher had asked him. How would he do that? Seems like it might be necessary to follow.

However, when the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that," the uncontroverted evidence at trial was that Zimmerman STOPPED following and started to return to his car, but was confronted by Martin on his way back.

So, where's the evidence that he ignored the dispatcher? I won't say "disobeyed" because that would imply a duty to obey. In any event, there is NO EVIDENCE THAT HE CONTINUED TO FOLLOW after the dispatcher made the suggestion to him.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Bullsh*t. Welcome to my ignore list.

I guess I'm looking at it from the other side. If some civilian Barney Fife starts stalking me and gets out of his car, approaches me....it certainly looks like the answer is to put a bullet in him before he has a chance to put a bullet in you.

:dunno:

You can ignore me all you want, but everyone ELSE around here will see exactly what you said.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom