• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    It wasn't what I thought it would. The first 2 hours of CIA intel ops were accurate. However, I was disappointed with the assault at the end. It was anything but accurate when it comes to how a elite spec ops unit assaults a building. For example, when the until entered the courtyard, they were randomly placed in their path across it and lolly-gagging getting across like were back on the block. The real units are so trained up and rehearsed that every step is fast, deliberate, and organized. Even my time in the Infantry, we looked better than they (the movie unit) did. Hell, in the movie, they even had time to hang out and chat about who they shot and whether or not they'd live.

If you want to see what real special forces assualting a building looks like, they did it in Tampa in 2012 to "rescue the save the mayor of Tampa". The assault begins at 2:09.

http://youtu.be/CvfJCzYtA3Y

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Maybe i'm alone in this but i thought that movie was horrible. I don't want to say everything that was horrible so i don't give this terrible movie away to those that haven't seen it plus it'd take about an hour.

Here are a couple issues i had.

1. The Intel Agent lady that was absolutely everywhere, doing everything, and giving orders to everyone, instead of being behind a desk where intel agents actually are.

2. A helicopter crashes, blades slapping against the ground, sparks, fire etc...and no one wakes up because crashing helicopters, especially new "stealth" copters, aren't noisy. They then tip toe over to the door...damn it's locked..."hey breacher guy, i know we really didn't plan on locked doors, but can you take the next 10 minutes and build a charge for this door?..and make it a "stealth" charge so we don't wake anyone up...thanks bro"

For those that have Netflix, type "seal team six" in the search and click on the movie that comes up. It's 1000x better even though it has xibit (rapper) as a main character.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I went and saw it this evening. It was really good. Slow, like the hurt locker, but accurate (I guess). One thing I really liked is how the suppressed weapons in the SEAL raid of the Bin Laden compound actually sounded like real (or very close to it) suppressed M4/M16/HK416 rifles!

I agree, definitely not fast paced, but it did hold my attention. Makes you kind of wonder if it REALLY was Bin Laden.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    2. A helicopter crashes, blades slapping against the ground, sparks, fire etc...and no one wakes up because crashing helicopters, especially new "stealth" copters, aren't noisy. They then tip toe over to the door...damn it's locked..."hey breacher guy, i know we really didn't plan on locked doors, but can you take the next 10 minutes and build a charge for this door?..and make it a "stealth" charge so we don't wake anyone up...thanks bro"

I found that one hilarious too.

Also, they shot any male who came around a corner regardless whether they were a threat or not.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yep after this breacher guy is like "damn it!" and spends forever building a charge, they blow the charge, the door goes cartwheeling down a hallway on fire and no one wakes up. Apparently osama gave everyone an Ambien before they went to bed. Then that guy rounds the corner completely unaware that a helicopter crashed in his back yard, and a pound of c-4 just sent a metal door sailing down his hallway, and that he'd run into a bunch of seals...I get that part since they just tip toed around whispering "shhhhhhhhh" to each other while shooting their suppressed 22's...Anyways, the poor guy probably was in an ambien haze and wanted some goat milk and while on his way to the fridge some seals shot him with 45 rounds of subsonic 22 which he found mildly annoying, until one finally hit him in the head.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe i'm alone in this but i thought that movie was horrible. I don't want to say everything that was horrible so i don't give this terrible movie away to those that haven't seen it plus it'd take about an hour.

Here are a couple issues i had.

1. The Intel Agent lady that was absolutely everywhere, doing everything, and giving orders to everyone, instead of being behind a desk where intel agents actually are.

For those that have Netflix, type "seal team six" in the search and click on the movie that comes up. It's 1000x better even though it has xibit (rapper) as a main character.

Understand your concerns, and I think that is where "Hollywood" and reality meet. They had to somehow include the chopper crash (factual) with some element of "surprise" that helped build suspense.

From the actual account we know people woke up (there was a guy on twitter talking about the raid as it was happening). My guess is that it was accurate with the towns folk coming out. But, I would also suspsect that given who was in the compound, they probably were "awake" but also not running out to meet the seals. UBL and his family knew their best chance was to try to fight within the confines of the house rather than take on a special forces team in the open in the court yards.

So, much like in the movie, they would have kept the compound dark, and tried to use their familiarity with the compound and passages to their advantage.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Lots of little inaccuracies for sure. The one that got me was they were using eotech's and NVG's. We all know the eotech has NV capability so all they had to do was switch the sight to NV mode and you get a nice reticle in your eyepiece. No need for lasers. But then it wouldn't have looked good on camera.

There will never be an accurate depiction of a military style CQB op since it would look utterly boring. Ever watched a traditional Karate competition between two opponents? Its the most boring thing to watch because no ones using spectacular techniques to wow the crowd.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/16J0fgWGyaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    It was a great movie. It made me wish I had chosen a different career path in life (well, pretty much every movie makes me wish that). I would have loved to have been in the CIA or something.

One thing that stuck with me was the moral dilemma of the whole torture thing. You know that some of these people did or helped do terrible things to us, but what about the ones we tortured who really DIDN'T do anything. It's not very likely that every person we picked up was actually guilty of something. And are we really comfortable with a government that holds people in secret locations and tortures them? It's a tough one. I think I'm on the "we don't stoop to torture" side, but I can understand why some people might think it's justified in some instances. People like to use the slippery slope argument when arguing against gun restrictions/bans. I wonder why those same people aren't swayed by similar arguments when it deals with secret government sanctioned torture.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I musta watched a different version, the one I watched the seals already ha the charges made and just pulled them out of their pocket and placed them and boom...I liked it, I liked Act of Valor more, but I am becoming easier to amuse in my older age....FWIW....

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I would have liked to see more of the seals and their side of the assualt, but it was definitely worth seeing.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Nothing like the book No Easy Day until the last 15 minutes. I was kind of let down by the movie. Still entertaining I suppose.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I loved it! It was a bit slow but still enjoyable through the whole thing and definatly worth the $10.50 lol.

"I'm the mother****er who found this place, sir!"
    LMAO

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I loved it! It was a bit slow but still enjoyable through the whole thing and definatly worth the $10.50 lol.

"I'm the mother****er who found this place, sir!"
    LMAO

Top Bottom