• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Just read on another forum that a Hornady rep advised that the Z-Max bullet is just a V-Max with a green tip. Assuming that's true, and you like V-Max bullets, better trot right over to Midsouth Shooters Supply. They are out of stock but are expected soon. Example: 100 box of 32 gr .204 V-Max is $15.04. 500 box of 32 gr Z-Max is $53.73. You don't have to be a mathmagician to figure out that's a deal. Just ordered 500 each .17s and .204s. Shipping was about $11.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I don't think shipping cost was the point of the thread.

Pfft...zombies. Buy the powder and primers locally, bullets and cases online; learn to reload. THEN you'll see how much you can save! :D

I guess reloading wasn't the point of the thread either? :laugh:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Have it your way.

"Ok. Seriously $11 to ship? The USPS will ship the same package for approx $5 . I know big companies can ship even cheaper."

US Priority mail is one of the Midsouth shipping options. It would have been about $5 less on my order of 1K bullets. It also provides no tracking and if your order gets lost, be patient, they'll get back to you! If paying $5 more for shipping stops you from saving almost $50 on 1000 bullets, have yours shipped US Priority mail. You're welcome!

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Won't be reloading with the Z-MAX...... Buying 1 box of each cal I shoot just to have them I really like the boxes and the 12 ga. is also printed on the shells...

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    "Ok. Seriously $11 to ship? The USPS will ship the same package for approx $5 . I know big companies can ship even cheaper."

US Priority mail is one of the Midsouth shipping options. It would have been about $5 less on my order of 1K bullets. It also provides no tracking and if your order gets lost, be patient, they'll get back to you! If paying $5 more for shipping stops you from saving almost $50 on 1000 bullets, have yours shipped US Priority mail. You're welcome!

Never had a package lost in 25 years.
    I have had 3 packages delivered by UPS that had nothing in them. The shipping weight on one package was 12lbs. Even a moron could tell the box was empty. Oops, I mean anyone but the UPS driver.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Here you go

Well now you've got an opportunity to do something besides whine about the shipping cost. They're in stock. Or did you just want to ***** about the cost of something you weren't going to buy anyway?

You're welcome..................again!

kfanton123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    clinton indiana
    Just read on another forum that a Hornady rep advised that the Z-Max bullet is just a V-Max with a green tip. Assuming that's true, and you like V-Max bullets, better trot right over to Midsouth Shooters Supply. They are out of stock but are expected soon. Example: 100 box of 32 gr .204 V-Max is $15.04. 500 box of 32 gr Z-Max is $53.73. You don't have to be a mathmagician to figure out that's a deal. Just ordered 500 each .17s and .204s. Shipping was about $11.
    this is pretty much the same as the critical defense?

Top Bottom