• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Evansville
    I bought my son a 10/22 when he was 8. It has the adjustable stock on it. We did all of our shooting from a bench with sandbags.
    My son enjoyed shooting it after the usual 10/22 modifications. One thing that i didn't like about it was having to open the bolt for him. I wanted him to get in a habit of leaving the bolt open himself.

My friend bought his son a CZ 452 and cut the stock down. They didn't have any problems.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I like the Savage Cub (Rascal is almost the same and Cub is no longer made) and the Henry Mini Bolt.

However, my kids learn on a Ithaca 49 with Colibri/Super Colibri ammo.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I was eyeballing the mossberg 702 plinkster for my boy. Super light rifle and has fiber optic sights with a hooded front sight. Maybe the mossberg that looks like like an AR but is a 702 mossberg in an AR shell. I'm sure he'd love to have a gun that looks like an AR but is under $200

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I was eyeballing the mossberg 702 plinkster for my boy. Super light rifle and has fiber optic sights with a hooded front sight. Maybe the mossberg that looks like like an AR but is a 702 mossberg in an AR shell. I'm sure he'd love to have a gun that looks like an AR but is under $200

My wife just picked up the 702 a few weeks ago at walmart for $98. Great little rifle for the price. I would avoid buying a 25 round magazine for them though. They are cheaply made and have tons of problems. I am sure a quick google search will give you more than enough reason to stick to the 10 round metal magazines.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom