• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Evansville
    I bought my son a 10/22 when he was 8. It has the adjustable stock on it. We did all of our shooting from a bench with sandbags.
    My son enjoyed shooting it after the usual 10/22 modifications. One thing that i didn't like about it was having to open the bolt for him. I wanted him to get in a habit of leaving the bolt open himself.

My friend bought his son a CZ 452 and cut the stock down. They didn't have any problems.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I like the Savage Cub (Rascal is almost the same and Cub is no longer made) and the Henry Mini Bolt.

However, my kids learn on a Ithaca 49 with Colibri/Super Colibri ammo.

RW97

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2016
    Muncie
    I was eyeballing the mossberg 702 plinkster for my boy. Super light rifle and has fiber optic sights with a hooded front sight. Maybe the mossberg that looks like like an AR but is a 702 mossberg in an AR shell. I'm sure he'd love to have a gun that looks like an AR but is under $200

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    I was eyeballing the mossberg 702 plinkster for my boy. Super light rifle and has fiber optic sights with a hooded front sight. Maybe the mossberg that looks like like an AR but is a 702 mossberg in an AR shell. I'm sure he'd love to have a gun that looks like an AR but is under $200

My wife just picked up the 702 a few weeks ago at walmart for $98. Great little rifle for the price. I would avoid buying a 25 round magazine for them though. They are cheaply made and have tons of problems. I am sure a quick google search will give you more than enough reason to stick to the 10 round metal magazines.

Top Bottom