• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have an old H&R pistol in 32 S&W CTGE that is from the late 1890s. It has patent dates of : April 2, '95 & April 7, '96. It was in a friends of my family since new and he passed it down to me before he passed away since no one else in his family was interested in firearms.

According to him, the family member that originally purchased the pistol died in the early 1900s and it sat in a box until he recived it after returning home from WWII. He shot it in the 40s and 50s and its been unfired since that time, including by me.... I recieved it in the early 1990s.

HR32001-1.jpg

HR32002.jpg

Last edited:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Just brought home a piece of family history, a Colt Lightning form the very early 1900's (this model ended in 1909). This was the first double action Colt. It's a 4 1/2" barrel, 38 Colt pistol. Belonged to my wife's great grandfather, the first sheriff of Creek County, Okla. right after Oklahoma became a state in 1907. Has been in the family ever since it was purchased new. Got to get a factory letter on this one.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have a J. Albright (Wooster, OH) musket used by my great great great grandfather in the civil war. My uncle has his officer's revolver of which I've never seen and know nothing about.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I have a Garand that the receiver serial dates to May 1945, but was rebuilt at the Springfield Armory in 1963. It is in great shape, probably about 95%.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have an old muzzleloader, no markings, that belong to my ggg- grandfather. He died around 1840, so sometime before that.
    I also have a model 1897 Winchester 16 gauge.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My oldest firearm isn't actually mine anymore.

It's a Sears Model 1 single shot bolt action .22 rifle. My Mom gave it to my Dad as a wedding present. When Dad was killed, I inherited the gun. Last year, as it became obvious that Sean was out-growing his .22 Cricket rifle, I traded the Sears to him in return for his Cricket. The Cricket won't be going anywhere, and Sean is already talking about how he wants to hand the Sears down to his kid. Dad would be pleased :)

Top Bottom