• ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    3/4 oz rostertail, usually green/yellow

That is a different choice, but one that will catch just about any of the aggressive predatory type fish, and even some that aren't. The roostertail is one of the more versitile baits out there, good choice!

My only beef with them is they aren't all that good at coming through weeds and cover due to the treble hook.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Well.

Spring fishin is near!!!!!

Waters going to still be a little cold so the Bass are gonna need something with profile and nothing to fast.

For early spring I like to go with

7" worms any kind pumpkin, brown "something long enough to get their attention."
    Lizzards, dark orange, dark green "darks overall"

Dark skirted chatter baits " fish them like jigs" POP and DROP under the water
    Dark brown jigs, crayfish, with large skirt and rattles.
    Any tubes I like those salt injected ones with longer skirt.

At 50 Degrees I start hittin the water.

This is what Im waiting for summertime top water :rockwoot:SMAAAAAAAK!!!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJZiHuia6I"]YouTube - HFO - Awesome Strike on the Scum Frog[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qedGbr3Bo[/ame]

Last edited:

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Watermelon Red Flake Senko (with my own scent/salt mixture) with Gamakatsu Hooks, Any color spinnerbait as long as it is White or Chartruesse, Black and Blue Jig with a Paca Chunk Trailer, Gold and Black Rattletrap, and lastly, TableRock Shad Lucky Craft Jerk.

Not necessarily in that order, but I do go the Senko first unless I don't know the body of water at all.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Terminator T-1 Titanium 3/8 or 1/2 ounce spinner bait in chartreuse and white. Tandem blade with gold willow on top and silver Oklahoma blade below. Spring, summer, or fall. Ponds, lakes, and rivers. I've banged them off rock walls in Dale Hollow and Lake Cumberland. Stumps, riffles, and back-washes on Flat Rock river. Through weeds and around moss in farm ponds. Excellent largemouth as well as smallmouth bass bait!

Gander Mountain has them on sale this week for $2.99. I picked up some last night. It's goofy. They changed the packaging. The new packaging is $8.99 a piece. I looked them over. They both say "Original Titianium T-1 Spinnerbait". I asked the sales guy if the baits on sale were an older model. He said it is just the way they buy them. :dunno:

TerminatorT-1.jpg

Last edited:

z0mk3y m0nk3y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I still stick with my favorite as a kid down in Florida. Culprit red shad, texas rigged, smaller the weight, the better. Haven't been up here fishing long but it's been working like a charm.

keith2210

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    cant beat a white/pearl/shad colored fluke around any type of grass or lilly pads. Seems to work every time for me.

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    A fluke (watermelon, pearl) and X-Rap for burning the banks, Poes crankbait and 3/4 oz blue black jig for structure.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I throw all kinds of different crap at them!! My "go to" bait would be a regular old white spinner bait. Also a texas rigged worm, any color.

I'll also use a tube bait alot in the rivers/creeks for smallmouth.

Ready for fishing season!!!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom