• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    With fishing season around the corner, its time to reload on all of our go to baits. For me, the Zoom Baby Brush hog is by far my go to bait. Followed by the tube. The hog has produced fish in the spring, summer, and late fall. What do you reach for first when out on the water?

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Here's my select few. The spinner at the top left has caught a lot of fish and of different variety too.
    IMG_0180.jpg

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    On a fly rod I go to a black bunny leach or purple zonker.

Purple Lizard when I am using the block and tackle rod.

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Texas Rig with grape colored lizard. Never fails in the mornings, just before the sun peaks over the trees.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    For LMB...I catch a lot of fish on a wacky rigged senko, 4" or 5" pumpkinseed w/green & black flakes and Gamakatsu hook. If im trying to cover alot of water I start with a rattle trap or spinner bait. If its top water time, the Storm Chug Bug gets the nod.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Do you find it hard to deviate from your favorite lures? I always feel like I can make fish bite if I use my lure just a litttttle bit longer. That little big longer turns into all day. My goal this year is to branch out if its clear what I'm doing isn't working.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    In rivers, a shad coloration crank bait for bass.

On ponds if I'm there to seriously catch fish I bring a very long, light spinning rod and hook a live minnow through the lips and flip it out to weed edges. No weights, bobbers, nothing. The hook slows down the minnow just enough to make it look wounded. It's a bass and crappie killer.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Black, white, or glow in the dark Mini-Mites. Those things work extremely well. Just expect to catch every other kind of fish besides just bass.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have 2, and I always have a rod at the ready with each rigged up if they aren't the lures I'm fishing at the time.

1) White/Chart 3/8 oz. spinner bait with one silver and one gold blade. I've used several varieties over the years ranging from Strike King, to Arkie, to some custom spinners made by my uncle. Seems to work just about anywhere I go, and in just about any water conditions.

2) A punkinseed Senko or Slug-O Texas rigged weightless. Again, seems to work in just about any water conditions. If I'm fishing a little deeper, I've become a big fan of split shotting it by clamping on a small 1/8" ounce split shot about 6" up from the hook eye. Kind of a mini-carolina rig of sorts, and gives a very nice slow fall. I fish it more like texas rig when I have a weight on the front. Weightless I'll use the random "Twitch-Pause" pattern you'd use with a Pop-R, spook, etc.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Depending on the weather/water

White spinnerbait (twin willowleaf Terminator is my fav)
    Wacky rig white Senko
    Texas Rig Black/Red worm
    White fluke weightless

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I'm surprised nobody has said a Moss Frog yet, they are my favorite to use especially when the wife is with me. Also the Wal-Mart special $1.00 single blade yellow spinner bait.

Top Bottom