My first car that was mine to drive: Olds 442
    My First car I bought: Shelby Daytona
    My Current car: Prius
    My Worst car: Chevy Spectrum
    My Favorite car: E-Class
    Dream Car: Alfa Romeo 8C
    Love to have: 72 Olds Custom Cruiser 455hp
    Favorite tv/movie car: Entourage's Lincoln with suicide doors
    Next car: dunno. Hard to give up 50mpg lifetime fuel economy.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My 1st car was a 1965 MGB. I bought it from a teacher for $500 after selling my 1st high power rifle to another teacher. They BOTH screwed me!! The car ALMOST made it home before the transmission fell out! Sat in my drive way for 6 months and I bought a 73 Mazda RX3. It was an awesome car.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    The first car I owned was a '67 Mustang, but I don't count that one. I was only 14 and never licensed it. Just did body work and painted it. (I did drive it to Noblesville a couple times tho!)

The first I licensed and drove was a '71 Impala 4 door. Nasty brown color and a vinyl roof,ugh! Bought it at the bank in Cicero for 425 bucks, it was a repo. Had 4 flats and no battery. Went to Pierces on 31 and bought 4 tires and rims and a battery for 50 dollars. Don't remember what I did with it!!! :dunno:

I'm getting old.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    My first car was a 1969 Mercury Monterey 4 door with a 390 engine. I bought it for $275.00 in 1979 with money I earned bailing hay. It was a bland gold/brown color with custom silver highlights painted by a vandal with a cheep rattle can. The anti-sway bar was broken and with three different size tires it was a heck ride when the speedometer hit the triple digits.

One day I had just closed the trunk lid after changing a flat and realized I had forgotten to put the bumper jack back in. I picked up the jack and tossed it in through a rust hole along the bottom of the left rear fender and off we went. Ya, it was a rust bucket but it was MY rust bucket.

I was in a group of six friends and had the only car that would hold all of us at one time.

I have lots of fond memories with those five friends going camping, night fishing and just having fun in that car.

1969Monterey.jpg

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    My first car was a Cougar XR7 that my dad restored for me.

127_0212_09z1969_Mercury_Cougar_XR7.jpg

When I was a youngun my dad bought me a XR7,he restored it and sold it way before I got my DL..I never got to drive it so I dont consider it my first car. I failed a class in HS and that is why he sold it:dunno:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    1990-honda-civic-si-red.jpg

1990 Honda civic hatch. Very fun little car that got me through the first 2 years of college. :yesway:

I learned a lot from the car, but after a dark rainy night that ended with me hitting the back of a semi the car was toast. :rolleyes:

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    My first car was a 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne (6 cylinder) that I got from my grandmother. It had some rust issues, and on a wintery day little piles of snow would build up on the dash when the defrosters were turned on :)

I moved on to a 1973 Plymouth Duster (318) and my father took the Chevy. It continued to lose compression to the point that it couldn't take a hill faster than 40mph, but it would never say die. My father finally just junked it.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    When I was a youngun my dad bought me a XR7,he restored it and sold it way before I got my DL..I never got to drive it so I dont consider it my first car. I failed a class in HS and that is why he sold it:dunno:
    I sure wish I had that car now. I was young and stupid and sold it so I could buy a Camaro.Oh well.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    My first car was a 1990 Ford Ranger pickup. I've had the dreaded experience of settling for 2 cars (blech) since then. Every other vehicle has been a truck. I'm a truck guy.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This was my first vehicle only it was bone stock and all red and 5spd. :)

23980890001_medium.jpg

It died (RIP) when I was pulling out of my subdivision at 5:30pm when a west bound 83y/o didn't see the light and t-boned me right behind the driver door at 65 and accelerating. :eek: Spun us three times counter clockwise, my plastic truck box with two house speakers flew out with one speaker coming to a rest against a car, and my school bag landing on someone's hood. The lady had a heart attack and continued down the road about a 1/4 mile before crossing east bound traffic and coming to a stop in the middle of the road.

I really miss that truck. It was the first truck I did a lot of things including realizing you can safely navigate 267 between Mooresville and Plainfield at 85mph since that's as fast as it would go. :)

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    A 1959 Buick Electra 225, in 1974. Some of our older members may remember the GM Powerglide transmission which was the worst transmission ever made, and this car was so equipped. The Powerglide was a 2 speed automatic. Even though this car had an engine of 400+ cubic inches, it took a long time to build up any speed whatsoever. The nice thing is the car was loaded, including power windows, AC, power seats and cruise. Yes it had tail fins.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    '63 Corvair.
    Paid $75.00 for it.
    Had the engine & tranny rebuilt. (another $50.00)
    Had an Earl Scheib paint job. (Another $29.95)
    Ran great!
    Great mileage!
    SCREW Ralph Nader for stopping their production. :xmad:
    If they were made today they would solve a lot of energy issues.
    Mike

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom