• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I also recently was trying to sell handgun and a guy from OH wanted to do FTF but I now better and told him if interested I would have to ship to FFL, in the end just follow the law and you instinct.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The only gun I ever sold on-line was a shotgun. The guy paid over two months, using money orders. I called the bank on the money orders before depositing them and they were both said to be good. Once they cleared, I actually paid $30 to an Indiana FFL to take the shotgun and ship it off for me. I didn't want to deal with some Post Office or whoever clerk freaking out over a gun, so to me, it was worth it.

I also found out that FFLs are on-line, so when he gave me the info on his FFL, I checked it to make sure it was legit.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Ive had guys ask for me to send a rifle directly to there residence. I said id rather not have a drink with the BATF, but id gladly send it to the FFL of his choice.

Dont EVER send ANYTHING to ANYONE unless the pay in full with a postal MO (unless you let the check clear the bank first). Sadly its the way it is.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I would tell him to take a hike!!! he is asking you to trust him with half your money and all of your gun, I don't think so!!! Smells to high heaven.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    wow...I think I had the same guy try to buy a gun from me!!! But he said he wanted to send me a certfied check, then once the check clears he would arrange for "his shipping agent" to contact me and make arrangements for shipment....

I told him I would accept paypal or a postal money order only and that I would give him the shipping amount at the time of purchase so he could send along that as well...
    he responds telling me he needs my full name, middle initial, home address (no PO box) and my home phone number so he could mail me a certified check...

I replied with same response again...

once again he responds asking for all my personal info...

I figure he was looking to get some info to get a loan or a new credit card in my name...told him to either reply with an understanding that he would now be paying by postal money order only or he needed to look elsewhere - never heard from him again

Sounds like the Craigs list scammers are hitting the forums now too. Had a car on Craigs list and a guy did the same thing to me. Pretty easy to tell the scammers tho, their english is decent, their grammer is horrible, often they are willing to over pay to compensate you for some inconvinence they are suggesting, and almost always want a lot of personal information from you.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would say post his name and phone number (perhaps obscure ONE or TWO digits) so that people can be warned away from this guy in the future.

Top Bottom