You have an STD; (How) Do you tell your partner(s)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • You have an STD; (How) Do you tell your partner(s)?

• Total voters

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    See, this is where waiting until I was married really came in handy. 0 chance of exposure, 0 chance of infection. She had the same views.

I actually find that more disturbing than having an STD.

Too bad. The sweet, mystical union that can exist between a man and wife who have kept their bodies inviolate as an offering to each other is a truly beautiful experience that enhances and transcends any and all physical pleasures.
    You will never know what you're missing.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Why make it hard when there are e-cards?

sorryforgenitalwarts.jpg

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Here is a moral dilemma -- a question about the fundamental clash of human instinct and conscience.

Let's say you have a sexually-transmitted disease that will be with you for the rest of your life. Imagine you are single and uncommitted.

On the one hand, the responsible side of you tells you that your partners all deserve to know about your condition. It poses health risks -- albeit slim -- as well as many inconveniences.

On the other hand, you know that telling people whom you meet about your STD will probably scare them away. Your chances of achieving a physical relationship are slim. You battle a great deal despair, loneliness, and envision yourself dying alone. Your instinctive side wants a relationship.

Examine your conscience, what would you do in that situation?

1. Tell people very early in dating that you have the STD. No sex unless they are aware. -- Scare a lot of people away.
    2. Postpone sex while dating & reveal the STD after you have gotten to know each other. -- Risk making your partner mad because of waiting to inform / dishonesty.
    3. Do not reveal the STD, insist on wearing a condom. Eventually admit the STD.
    4. Do not reveal the STD, insist on wearing a condom. Never admit the STD.
    5. Never reveal the STD. Take no unusual precautions.
    6. Be celibate.
    Inspired by this: Thou Shall Not Share Thy Dingus ....

Rambone who gave you the clap?:laugh:

On a serious not I have learned the hard way a few time to just be upfront.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    BTW, once you get herpes, you've always got it and can always spread it.

But, that's no problem unless you give a damn about whoever you infect.
    :rolleyes:
    you need to watch some family guy.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::n00b:

and thanks for the lesson about std's highschool health teacher.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, going out on a limb: there is a huge stigma regarding STDs and our society. Over 1 in 4 people have herpes. And via the anomynity of the internet, I will say: I was diagnosed with it at one point. It's here, it's staying. Retardedly small outbreak once/twice a year (about the only time one can "spread it" according to the doc). But something that enrages me to this day, something I cannot kill, something I cannot destroy, no training against this, nothing.

Lots of jokes, but a serious issue. With relationships, I tend to tell them before any action (so to speak) but after they know me. It's a combination of things: I want them to know me for who I really am, not a diseased freak (which I feel like sometimes, well, actually a lot). Not alerting them is absolute hubris and stupidity. "Let them learn at the clinic" is a massive failure of responsibility and personal accountability.

Sad thing is I know EXACTLY who I got it from and there is nothing I could do about it. We both were in love, she was an absolutely wonderful person. But, she played the "well, I am not viral shedding, it's okay" when she was. :noway: Her lack of communication with me on this level (and despite the use of a rubber) has limited my chances of having a kid one day or starting a family. Not that the world needs more of me running around! :D (I had to lighten up Francis).

Jokes and Family Guy and other crap are childish representations of what people think of VDs: They will never get them and those who have them are garbage. I am garbage, but, there are quite a few other, very productive and wonderful individuals who are struck by this without them doing anything "wrong" or "evil". :(

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    it depends on if I can get a shot to kill it, and how smokin hot she is, whether or not I would still hit it ;) im kidding people!!!!

Disposable heart, thanks for your honesty. sorry you got jacked up by someone who wasnt forthcoming to you. I couldnt imagine not being up front from the start if I had an STD. yes it would be very uncomfortable im sure, but its the right thing to do. hell, it would be very uncomfortable having to sit there and have that told to you. i mean of coarse im gonna bounce, but how do you do it in a way without being a dick? but who could blame you in the same regard? see ... just weird all around.

thats why I only use whores who have regular testing done, ;)

Top Bottom