• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I just finished airing up a co-workers flat tire. Big nail in it but they should make it to the tire shop a couple blocks away no problem.

They had left the office then came back saying they had a flat and needed to call someone. Newer car, spare tire and jack available, did not occur to them to change the thing themself.

I offered to air it up so they could drive to the garage, avoiding the need to pay for service. "You carry an air compressor? that's weird" was their reply. It took a moment then the irony sank in. :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I usually have one in the trunk, but it's more of a coincidence than any conscious preparation for an emergency. Regardless, it would never occur to me to think it's odd to have basic car maintenance tools in your car.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You only carry 1? How weird.

Only half-joking: car has one 12v, plus one foot operated manual.

The truck has a heavier duty compressor and a cheaper 12v one, plus an onboard tank.

My trunk is usually filled with the emergency gear I actually need on a regular basis. You know, laptop, cabling kit, zip ties, console cables, spare network car, USB DVD drive, etc. :D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had one on my off road jeep that was engine driven. With the two gallon tank, I could run air tools. It was nice, still have it taking space in my garage...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We bought 12v ones at Walmart for $5 each a few years ago, come in very handy. I brought a 2-gal electric one when we renter the RV. Way to be prepared!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-J5C09-500-Amp-Built-In-Compressor/dp/B002X6VXL4/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Stanley J5C09 500-Amp Jump Starter with Built-In Air Compressor : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

I have used these for years, I try to keep one in each vehicle.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have a VIAIR compressor and tank mounted in my Wrangler. Very handy for off-roading trips or random flat tires.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    DieHard+Portable+Power+1150.jpg

I have 2 of them.

Top Bottom