• ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I keep a small compressor in my car, of course the tires on my car are
    A lot like racing slicks without the racing, it gets used once in awhile....

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wierdos! Next thing you'll say is that you carry a firearm in case you are home invaded, attacked by a mob etc. You do know that you can call a cop in those situations, right?:n00b:

:laugh:

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Would have really driven the point home if you had a tire plug kit. I've fixed many a punctured tire (on the car), pumped them up, and sent them on their way. What better way to teach people to be prepared....

I just finished airing up a co-workers flat tire. Big nail in it but they should make it to the tire shop a couple blocks away no problem.

They had left the office then came back saying they had a flat and needed to call someone. Newer car, spare tire and jack available, did not occur to them to change the thing themself.

I offered to air it up so they could drive to the garage, avoiding the need to pay for service. "You carry an air compressor? that's weird" was their reply. It took a moment then the irony sank in. :dunno:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My trunk is usually filled with the emergency gear I actually need on a regular basis. You know, laptop, cabling kit, zip ties, console cables, spare network car, USB DVD drive, etc. :D
    mine too. plastic sheeting, duct tape, rope, shovel, gloves, tyvek suit, etc. you never know when you may come across an opportunity....

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Fixing stuff for somebody may further ingrain their notion that they need not prepare (since somebody "always" comes along and saves them).

Cell phone and credit card, let 'em pay the tow bill.

I do help other folks, but only if they drive a Jeep :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    What kind of compressor does everyone carry? I keep a kit to plug tires in my glove box but for some reason have never thought of putting an air compressor in the truck to air my tire back up. :n00b:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a $4 12V compressor that I bought years ago at Murry's. Used it countless times. Also, a plug kit. I have used twice in the last year. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Many new cars DON'T come with spares anymore :(

They have an "inflator" kit that consists of a compressor and a bottle of GOOP that hooks to it an seals the tire.

I personally carry a "mushroom" plug kit and compressor :)

Top Bottom