• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm with Michiana on this one. It reminds me of something that happened quite awhile back where this one women thought the rules didn't apply to her. She felt she was above respecting this private company's rules, and she refused to obey the instructions of the company's employees. She could have taken her business elsewhere, but instead she had to get all uppity like Shay did and willfully disobey the organization's policies, and just like Shay, rather than keep quiet about it, she had the audacity to publicize her disobedience!!!

If only Rosa Parks had acted as a good role model to get young people to follow the rules...:rules: ...instead of daring to challenge Montgomery City Line's company rules that violated her basic human rights... :rolleyes: :dunno: ;) :rolleyes:

Awesome post!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'll simply state that my former employer had a no weapons policy.

Their policy makes them feel good, at the expense of my safety. I chose to violate that rule. Had I been asked to leave, or been fired, I'd have found another job.

In Systems Administration "Security through obscurity, isn't" is a common phrase. I believe "No loaded weapons" "No Guns" "No Weapons" and "No Firearms beyond this point" signs are the same as security through obscurity.

Rules that carry no force of law, are hardly a reason to give up my personal responsibility to my or my families protection.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Fighting to end segregation vs. going into a private business wearing a firearm that is specifically prohibited by the ownership is like comparing a grape to a watermelon. You have zero rights in the constitution to violate the rights of this owner. Where in the 2nd amendment can you show me the right to bear arms allows you or anyone else to intrude on the rights of others to enjoy their property as they feel fit? Don’t like the “no firearms allowed” restrictions, do go there.

How does my exercising my 2nd Amendment RTKBA and defend myself violate anybody's rights to enjoy their property?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Like I have said on other posts we are not trading in baseball cards but dangerous weapons that kill people. :twocents:

That is precisely why this is an issue. Nobody cares about the "no skateboarding" signs because you can't use a skateboard to defend your life. If someone doesn't want me carrying baseball cards in there store, I'll leave them in my car. I don't have a constitutional right to keep and bear baseball cards.
    I carry a dangerous weapon that protects me.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Ask the owner or manager

How does my exercising my 2nd Amendment RTKBA and defend myself violate anybody's rights to enjoy their property?

You would have to ask the owner or manager who put up the no firearms sign; personally I don't have an issue with people carrying firearms. Whatever their reason it is their private property and they can set the rules.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    you can't use a skateboard to defend your life

I disagree Brother... you should have seen what I did when I was in the 8th grade to this kids face when I got off the bus and he kept bullying me.

My trucks hit him square in the face... blood splattered everywhere.

For some odd reason... I never ever seen that kid ever again. :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Just for clarification purposes, the Constitution does not give Rights. The term "constitutional rights" is a misnomer. It only enumerates them. They could declared the Constitution null and void tomorrow, wouldn't matter, you still have the Rights just as we had them prior to 1787.

Sorry, it's like the Indiana CCW vs actual LTCH, I can't help myself.
    That is precisely why this is an issue. Nobody cares about the "no skateboarding" signs because you can't use a skateboard to defend your life. If someone doesn't want me carrying baseball cards in there store, I'll leave them in my car. I don't have a constitutional right to keep and bear baseball cards.
    I carry a dangerous weapon that protects me.

You don't have a Constitutional right (or any other Right) to be on private property either.

As an over simplification, your Rights (and mine) end where anothers' begin. We have a Right to to be on own own property, we have a Right to walk down the street.

On private property we are there by privilege. Under those privileges we must accept the property owners wishes. Lets say you come over to my property and ask me if you can hike in my woods.

I can set whatever rules for you I like. You can hike on my property but only from dawn till dusk. You can hike on my property but you must pack out all your trash. No hiking on Sundays. To the bizarre such as, you must wear a flashing neon pink sign while you are hiking or you're hiking boots have to be made by wolverine, no other shoes or boots allowed.

You must follow my rules if you wish to come onto my property. If you don't like the rules you find somewhere else to hike.

Same goes for eating at Tres Chez restaurant. Want to eat there, you must wear a suit and sit. Other wise eat somewhere else. You have no Right to eat at that establishment.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I think it is dispicable that a store or venue won't all you to be able to defend yourself. I also know it is their Right to deny you entry based on your attire or what you have with you.

I do not frequent stores or venues that don't allow carry. My only exception is costco. I simply find sams products inferior to the kirkland brand. That said I completely disregard their "no firearms" sign. I could care less.

Should they ever see my weapon and ask me to leave I will immediately exercise my "we will refund your membership at any time for any reason 100% satisfaction garuntee" membership agreement clause and part ways with them. No where in my membership did the policy "no firearms" appear and I never even saw their stupid sign until a few months ago.

I acknowledge their Right to ban firearms from the premises. I just choose to ignore their Right when I visit the store. ;)

I called corporate already, it is a company policy according to one of their CS representatives. I still need to write a letter but I do enough writing to congress that costco isn't near the top of my list.

shootnstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Why would you want to take a gun to the shot show? This is a show for FFL holders so they can get a look and the new products and unless you lie to them and get some FFL holder to say you work for him you can't get in. THIS A SHOW FOR DEALERS ONLY.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Why would you want to take a gun to the shot show? This is a show for FFL holders so they can get a look and the new products and unless you lie to them and get some FFL holder to say you work for him you can't get in. THIS A SHOW FOR DEALERS ONLY.

SHOT show is for industry professionals, not just gun dealers.

Top Bottom