• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    SHOT has a rule against carrying inside the show. I had no problem violating that rule. I also have no problems publicly discussing violating that rule.

I do not obey rules that compromise my personal defense. The fact that I'm a moderator has no bearing on this. The fact that I'm a defense instructor absolutely does, however. I would be a hypocrite if I told my students to carry their guns and then didn't carry mine.

I'm not sure what "carma" has to do with this.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    SHOT has a rule against carrying inside the show. I had no problem violating that rule. I also have no problems publicly discussing violating that rule.

I do not obey rules that compromise my personal defense. The fact that I'm a moderator has no bearing on this. The fact that I'm a defense instructor absolutely does, however. I would be a hypocrite if I told my students to carry their guns and then didn't carry mine.

I'm not sure what "carma" has to do with this.

:+1:repped I have also heard that carrying a loaded weapon while seat belted in an auto may be a hazard to the motoring public and should be considered Banned. Inanimate objects seem to develop a life of their own and control the zombie host ;)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Reps to Shay for all his posts on this thread. and a +1 to Sarge, since everybody does it.

You're right in implying somebody has to draw the line. I think the question is not so much where to draw the line but rather who is going to draw the line. We will seldom have 100% agreement on where that line should be drawn.

Let's assume for the sake of discussion, you own a gun store and I'm a first-time customer. Let's also assume your insurance carrier has told you that you aren't covered if someone is injured due to a customer carrying a loaded weapon in your store. Another assumption: Your attorney has advised you that putting up a sign prohibiting loaded weapons on the premises is your best defense and will tend to put the liability back on the person who violated your store's policy.

I'm confident you'd be safe with me carrying a loaded gun into your store but I would never expect you to be so sure since you don't know me. Therefore, I would respect your wishes if you requested that I don't carry my loaded gun onto your premises. Once I become a "regular" and you know me, I would still expect to abide by your regulation.

I think a prudent business owner would put up that sign and the same would apply to a gun show promoter. :)
    Do you ever carry? Do you ever associate with people who carry?

I think a prudent business owner/gun show owner would find an insurance company and attorney that supports the second amendment.

I believe that the line concerning "keep and bear arms" is already drawn by the second amendment. "not be infringed" works for me. Don't expect me to support your business if doing so requires me to become a helpless sheeple. You can get your money from the sheeple, but you won't get it from me.

Always keeping. Always bearing. :draw:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Waste of breath

I learned a long time ago when you are dealing with someone who is a “Legend in their own mind” don’t bother talking reason. :horse:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are there gun shows that will allow you to carry a loaded weapon? Please advise so I can stay away from them.

Do you believe that there are no loaded guns at the gunshows you attend just because they post signs and have a rule? Are you that naive?

If you don't want to be at a gunshow with loaded guns on the premises, you either need to be in the building by yourself before or after hours, or stay home, because you're not going to find any such opportunities.

Even if every single "regular person" obeyed the rule (which I hope they never do), there will still be police officers who are fully armed and just as capable of being responsible for a negligent discharge.

I typically do not attend gunshows. Very few have anything that interests me, especially since ammo has gone crazy, but I also don't want to be in a huge crowd of people with limited means of egress. The fact that they are potentially armed and stupid at the same time is another reason to stay home.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    not the issue

Do you believe that there are no loaded guns at the gun shows you attend just because they post signs and have a rule? Are you that naive?

The issue in my eyes is not that we have some people who completely disregard the rules and CC in gun shows that restrict it; my problem is people who come on sites like this one that should be encouraging young (and old) members to respect others and not brag that they disregard the rules and are proud of it.

Gun shows aren't mandatory the last time I looked and they are held on private property by people who pay to put them on and can make any rules they want so if you don't like the rules don't go. If you have to go and break the rule try to keep quiet about it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The issue in my eyes is...people who come on sites like this one that should be encouraging young (and old) members to respect others and brag that they disregard the rules and are proud of it.

Gun shows...are held on private property by people who pay to put them on and can make any rules they want so if you don't like the rules don't go. If you have to go and break the rule try to keep quiet about it.

I'm with Michiana on this one. It reminds me of something that happened quite awhile back where this one women thought the rules didn't apply to her. She felt she was above respecting this private company's rules, and she refused to obey the instructions of the company's employees. She could have taken her business elsewhere, but instead she had to get all uppity like Shay did and willfully disobey the organization's policies, and just like Shay, rather than keep quiet about it, she had the audacity to publicize her disobedience!!!

If only Rosa Parks had acted as a good role model to get young people to follow the rules...:rules: ...instead of daring to challenge Montgomery City Line's company rules that violated her basic human rights... :rolleyes: :dunno: ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm with Michiana on this one. It reminds me of something that happened quite awhile back where this one women thought the rules didn't apply to her. She felt she was above respecting this private company's rules, and she refused to obey the instructions of the company's employees. She could have taken her business elsewhere, but instead she had to get all uppity like Shay did and willfully disobey the organization's policies, and just like Shay, rather than keep quiet about it, she had the audacity to publicize her disobedience!!!

If only Rosa Parks had acted as a good role model to get young people to follow the rules...:rules: ...instead of daring to challenge Montgomery City Line's company rules that violated her basic human rights... :rolleyes: :dunno: ;) :rolleyes:
    Good post. Why do people who want to defend themselves/exercise their right to defense get treated like 2nd class citizens?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

HOW DARE SHE?!? That deserve a rep.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You are distorting the issue

Good post. Why do people who want to defend themselves/exercise their right to defense get treated like 2nd class citizens?

You are distorting the issue which is not if you can carry a firearm to protect yourself but if you want to do it in a "in your face" style, violating the rights of a business owner to make rules for those people to follow when entering his/her private property.

If you want to disregard the rules because you feel you are above them do so by carrying concealed, don’t brag about your disrespect of the rights of others or try to shove your opinions down the throats of those who are not as gun loving as you are.

You can protect yourself if you feel that threatened without being obnoxious about it. The second amendment does not give you the right to infringe on the rights of others by entering private property that restricts firearms. The solution is very simple; you don’t like the rules don’t go on the property. This type of action is what gives the respectful, law abiding firearms owners a bad name.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    More distortion

HOW DARE SHE?!? That deserve a rep.

Fighting to end segregation vs. going into a private business wearing a firearm that is specifically prohibited by the ownership is like comparing a grape to a watermelon. You have zero rights in the constitution to violate the rights of this owner. Where in the 2nd amendment can you show me the right to bear arms allows you or anyone else to intrude on the rights of others to enjoy their property as they feel fit? Don’t like the “no firearms allowed” restrictions, don't go there.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    not really

Or, go there and leave if asked.

If there is a posted "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THIS PROPERTY" sign at the door you don't march in with a exposed firearm and hope you don't get spotted. My parents brought me up to respect the rights of others, not sure what happened in your situation. If you choose to sneak a hidden gun in disregarding the sign that is your decision but you don't brag to others that you violated a rule; to me that is childish. Like I have said on other posts we are not trading in baseball cards but dangerous weapons that kill people. :twocents:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Making a statement does not constitute bragging. Rules and laws are two different things. While I will do my best to obey laws, I can't say I will always follow rules. I will also post my experiences, as will others.

Funny thing is that you talk about respect and yet, every time you disagree with someone, you resort to name calling. I don't know how your parents brought you up, but my parents taught me that people can disagree and still be civil. There are other posts, from you, that show your true colors.

Come back and talk about respect when you start giving it.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Like was said it is someones desire that you be unarmed on there property not a law. If asked to leave then leave but other wise I am going to follow the law and do what I feel is right and not allow others to make my decisions for me. Anyways how bout them new guns at SHOT I am looking forward to the coverage in the gun mags.

Top Bottom