• ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    FUDDs do love their Yetis....they'll be fine.

Lets not forget the 'BUTERS' too...

A $1,300 cooler? Are people really that stupid ??

Why yes, actually they are. Very much so. Its a cooler for goodness sake. :nuts:

But really, think of the genius of it... A $1300 cooler, how much to you think the mfg costs are? $<100, $<50, $<25? We are in the wrong business Gents, wrong business.

:ingo:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You do realize that Cornel West is the one who popularized the the term in the last 20 years?

There is a common/contemporary misuse of the term "conflate", that confuses (not conflates) conflate with confuse. The proper use of the term "conflate" is more akin to amalgamate - i.e. to bring two, dissimilar things together into a single entity. If you are talking about the former, then I'll agree with you; but if you're talking about the latter, then I very much disagree with you.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    You mean, like all the people bashing the NRA, and claiming that we are terrorists, and have blood on our hands?

Close but not quite.

You (and a lot of other people out there) won't purchase a Yeti because of the cost, same can be said about a lot of the coolers out there. That a price and utility thing

The non gun owning portion of the NRA bashing is because they just don't plain like guns and it's easier to blame the NRA than to say violent and unstable people will do violent and unstable things.

The gun owner part of the NRA "bashing" comes from their consistency and skepticism

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is a common/contemporary misuse of the term "conflate", that confuses (not conflates) conflate with confuse. The proper use of the term "conflate" is more akin to amalgamate - i.e. to bring two, dissimilar things together into a single entity. If you are talking about the former, then I'll agree with you; but if you're talking about the latter, then I very much disagree with you.

Yes, you've got it.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I find it interesting that Yeti is automatically the one to blame yet no one thinks the NRA/Friends of the NRA messed up or either got their panties in a wad and took something wrong
    This is not happening in a vacuum. Over the past two months a dozen or so partner companies have very publicly severed ties with the NRA in order to appeal to anti-gun advocates who attempt to blame the NRA for murders committed with firearms and to better show ideological purity and conformity. Indeed, there has been an organized campaign to convince such companies to stop doing business with the NRA. That is the context for this discussion, as you've apparently missed it.

If Yeti is being honest and forthright in their release (and I'm not personally convinced that was anything more than backpedaling coming weeks after suffering a much larger backlash than expected), I still would not fault NRA for making the assumption there was more to it given what is going on.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This is not happening in a vacuum. Over the past two months a dozen or so partner companies have very publicly severed ties with the NRA in order to appeal to anti-gun advocates who attempt to blame the NRA for murders committed with firearms and to better show ideological purity and conformity. Indeed, there has been an organized campaign to convince such companies to stop doing business with the NRA. That is the context for this discussion, as you've apparently missed it.

If Yeti is being honest and forthright in their release (and I'm not personally convinced that was anything more than backpedaling coming weeks after suffering a much larger backlash than expected), I still would not fault NRA for making the assumption there was more to it given what is going on.

This is a good point to ponder. Truth is we will never know. Their products were way overpriced for me anyway. But as shown in this thread, there are some good deals from other companies to be had due to this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, that is kinda silly. The cooler is already bought. It's not like you're paying rent on it.

As expensive as they are and considering how many people carry credit card debt, it's conceivable they're still paying for them. :D

But I have to agree. I'm too much of a tight wad to see myself blowing one of these up (if I owned one). But just like when people cut up their credit cards because BoA decided to quit financially supporting makers of ARs, I support their making their displeasure known to the companies ****ing on us.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    NRA lobbyist says Yeti’s version of events is fake news.
    https://www.statesman.com/business/...gaging-damage-control/NLR4zDFtcrDMZQ3VnM34jI/
    “In early March, Yeti refused to place a previously negotiated order from (the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action), citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Yeti then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the Yeti name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any Yeti trademarks in future print material. While Yeti is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts.”

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lets not forget the 'BUTERS' too...

Why yes, actually they are. Very much so. Its a cooler for goodness sake. :nuts:

But really, think of the genius of it... A $1300 cooler, how much to you think the mfg costs are? $<100, $<50, $<25? We are in the wrong business Gents, wrong business.

:ingo:

No doubt. I buy cable managers for network racks. Smallest one would fit in the sleeve of your jacket. Largest one is 7' tall and 8" square, mostly air and voids. Small one is about a half pound and costs $50. Big one costs $400. Probably costs them $5/$50 respectively to mold them in Costa Rica.

DEFINITELY the wrong business.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I started this thread weeks ago when I first learned about the story.
    At that time, the FNRA told it's committee members that Yeti had ceased the promotional products program with the NRA.
    There was no mention of any other company or entity who was likewise dropped.
    There was no mention of a "replacement program" or any notion of continued support for the NRA Foundation.

The Yeti company is just now releasing a "rebuttal" to the NRA's statement.
    What good reason would they have for waiting 2 weeks to issue a "clarifying statement".

It is strictly my opinion that Yeti is practicing the, "Worst damage control EVER!"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I started this thread weeks ago when I first learned about the story.
    At that time, the FNRA told it's committee members that Yeti had ceased the promotional products program with the NRA.
    There was no mention of any other company or entity who was likewise dropped.
    There was no mention of a "replacement program" or any notion of continued support for the NRA Foundation.

The Yeti company is just now releasing a "rebuttal" to the NRA's statement.
    What good reason would they have for waiting 2 weeks to issue a "clarifying statement".

It is strictly my opinion that Yeti is practicing the, "Worst damage control EVER!"

It's possible.

Top Bottom