• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Anyway, you asked earlier about hex receivers costing a bit more. For one reason, they're somewhat more rare. The Soviets made more round receivers in huge numbers, millions per year during the war, while hexes were very seldom made in excess of 300,000 in any single year. Being older, there was a greater chance those numbers would be further reduced by war loss and other damage. They also have a unique appearance, especially the ones with the older, text arsenal stamps.

I've got a hex receiver 91/30, dated 1923. I've never shot this one though...that's kinda' embarrassing.

DSC01467mod.jpg

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    night sights for a mosin-nagant

Love the mosin-nagant, especially at the range, after the first bang everyone turns and say what was that!
    Well i put the glow stuff from Glow-on.com on my rifle, here a few pics
    p1010095.jpg

Here the sights almost aligned, as a bonus after about 20 round the barrel gets hot as you guys know, well guess what, the heat activates the glow-on stuff.
    p1010101.jpg

mosin%20sights.JPG

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have an M44 carbine, it is a hoot to say the least. Welcome to the club sir, when you fire it you will know. My receiver says 1944, no numbers match, but I would have to say its one of the funnest rifles to shoot.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Ive got a 1944 91/30 with all matching nums that is barly scratched at all. just marks from the wood shipping box. I honestly think it may have only been test fired and mabye some training fire for what ever soilder got issued it. Its super clean. I also have a hungarain m44 with one off num. had to get a replacement bolt frame/guide. original has a crack running from the u shaped cut down the middle. didnt see it when i bought it. whole 11 bucks for a replacement. havent shot eather yet. wantto but not to many rifle ranges in nwi. Any tips for getting off all that camoline?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Never owned a bolt gun before but am curious should they be stored with the bolt in the cocked position? Or should you pull the tigger and ease the firing pin forward? or just put it on safe?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I store my Mosins with the bolt back with the safety turned to the left to relax the firing pin spring. That way there is no tension anywhere and air can circulate through the barrel. With the firing pin in that position, just be careful if you remove the bolt from the rifle as your bolt head can fall off. Other types I simply store with the bolt open. Just a little bit extra safety involved if the bolt is open.

Top Bottom