• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Now on to the counter Yeager videos. Where are they?

Here you go...

Which one is you?
    I'd like to see some video from the Yeager naysayers.

I am by no means a Yeager lover. There are a lot of areas that I totally disagree with him. That said, he is out there making video which provides a very good service to us all, like it or not. He is the fuel for discussion that opens eyes.

Like him or not, he is not just a keyboard commando like a lot of folks...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the point that is being missed is that Yeager is not the only game in town to get information or training from. There are plenty of other videos or training opportunities available for one to seek out.

I personally choose not to watch the posted videos anymore and have to sift through all the attitude just to get the useful tidbits when I have other options available to me to gain the knowledge from without all of the distasteful theatrics which I find detracts from the message. :twocents:

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That said, he is out there making video which provides a very good service to us all, like it or not.
    That's questionable depending on perspective. Putting out videos with free information is indeed admirable. However, it is unethical if he does it in a manner which is available to the masses while presenting a particular community and not doing it in a professional, respectable manner. Thus, misrepresenting the entire community. Those who view his video with a very new curiosity to the firearms community, can likely be turned away in a hurry by his conduct.

I fail to see the distinction between an internet video being at all more "honorable" than that of text. It's merely another form of communication. One by which the initiating party need not logically debate their perspective, mind you. Further ensuring their own supremecy (in their mind).

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yeager, took it upon himself to create a YT channel. Again for each and every video he puts on it. Videos which are accessible to ANYONE. Thus, putting himself out there as the "face of the firearms community" in an attempt to make some claim to the title of "professional" or even "expert." His reasoning for that choice is an entire other debate, but the point is that this is what he has chosen to do. Therefore, since he is representing all of us to those in the country which do not exactly share our pashion for training/firearms, it is his duty to conduct himself in a manner which depicts the rest of us in a positive light. Why? Because his actions could very likely and easily result in a futher assault on our freedoms and be used as so called "evidence" to push an opposing agenda.

Many people don't put themselves into that light. Many people make that choice because they know the potential ramifications and realize that they cannot represent the community well enough. Those who make THAT choice, are far more admirable than one who chooses to represent the community BADLY.

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Which one is you?
    I'd like to see some video from the Yeager naysayers.

I am by no means a Yeager lover. There are a lot of areas that I totally disagree with him. That said, he is out there making video which provides a very good service to us all, like it or not. He is the fuel for discussion that opens eyes.

Like him or not, he is not just a keyboard commando like a lot of folks...

So what you are saying is, in your opinion, in order for someone to have an opinion or critique about Yeager they have to first have to have made a training video, no other life experience counts :n00b:

I propbably shouldn't tell you what my opinion is of Yeager. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...are far more admirable than one who chooses to represent the community BADLY.

So what you are saying is, in your opinion, in order for someone to have an opinion or critique about Yeager they have to first have to have made a training video, no other life experience counts :n00b:

With all due respect, you folks could be well read 12 year old's with zero experience for all that is known, other than your own claims. :)
    I certainly give you the benefit of the doubt, but are we really gonna ague that a picture is worth a thousand words?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    With all due respect, you folks could be well read 12 year old's with zero experience for all that is known, other than your own claims. :)
    I certainly give you the benefit of the doubt, but are we really gonna ague that a picture is worth a thousand words?
    That's a two way street. One which makes the facts no less true.

Top Bottom