• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Alright I just got a XD 9mm subcompact that is new to me.

Opinions from other owners on this weapon.

What do you carry yours in?
    What rounds do you carry in it?
    Have you done any modifications?
    Or whatever you feel like sharing.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I carry an XD9SC (and, for the sake of disclosure also own a G26) and I carry in an MTAC.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Here's another forum that has already answered most of your questions: XDtalk.

Springer Precision is known for their XD work and parts.

Powder River Precision is also known for their XD work and aftermarket parts.

XDGuys have OEM and aftermarket parts.

And Pistolgear should have anything else you may want.

I don't own the subcompact, but I've shot them and have read about different XDsc upgrades.

The best trigger jobs come from Powder River and Springer Precision.

Trijicon, Tru-Glo TFO, and XS Big Dots are the most common night sights for carrying.

My friend carries his XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I rarely notice until he tells me he's carrying.

The Pearce grip extension may be worth checking out.

Laser cut grip tape can be had from Powder River for $15. I just put some on my XDm and it feels great

My friend carries 147gr HST in his gun. If you want +p, Springfield says you're ok.

sbnewsom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    St. John
    I have an XD9SC. I love mine. Sold my Glock and haven't looked back since!

I am usually carry mine IWB with a Uncle Mikes holster. I'm going to be looking for a Galco ankle sleeve at the 1500 this weekend.

Also going to look for the Crimson Trace.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Had one for a short time. My opinion was it is a very nice weapon. For such a small pistol I was amazed how well it shot. Very small, easy to conceal. Accurate, and while I only put a small amount of rounds through it, seemed rock solid reliable.

I only slightly preferred my M&P 9c to it, which is why I traded it. I was just a hair more accurate with my 9c, combined with the fact I was already familiar with it and have alot of carry gear for it.

Like I said above though, I would have no problems carrying an XDSC I was very impressed with it. It is slightly smaller profile than the 9c as you can see here. 3" barrel compared to the 9c's 3.5" barrel:

MP9_compair.jpg

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Crossbreed supertuck with IQ frangible rounds - can't beat it!

Scutter, what did you use to color the engravings on that XD - that looks awesome.

Viper393

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Clark County
    XD40SC carried in either a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Don Hume IWB. Loaded with Speer Gold dot. I just bought the Supertuck a couple of weeks ago and I really like it.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Crossbreed supertuck with IQ frangible rounds - can't beat it!

Scutter, what did you use to color the engravings on that XD - that looks awesome.
    I was wondering the same thing. I've seen nail polish, lacquer stick, crayon...the nail polish was the most impressive since they used a one with glitter

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I just bought a XD40SC Thursday. I've not really had the chance to take it to range but once yet. I had a problem with the extended mag for some reason. It fires, kicks back and engages the empty mag slide lock thing. Other then that I love it. It is more accurate then my full size XD and I am thinking about Winchester Ranger ammo after a recent night shoot event I went to.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    XD9sc carried in either a Kholster IWB, or an Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement paddle holster. Both were very pleasant surprises to me with how well the work.

Since it looks like I'll be hanging on to this gun, Cathy is making noise about getting me a nice holster, mag/flashlight holder, and belt from Kirkpatrick Leather, but I'm not holding my breath on that one to terribly soon.

What I have:
    UncleMikespaddleholster001.jpg

012-1.jpg

What I want:
    http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/product/h_2145.htmhttp://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/product/h_2145.htm

Concealment Accessories - Bikini Mag & Light Holder

Kirkpatrick Leather Belts - B-70 Belts

Top Bottom