• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djsmith1000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    United States
    I'm interested in range report as well. How is the muzzle flip/recoil? Is it still fun to shoot or is it too small? I'm between an M&P 9c and an XD subcompact double stack.

Also, is there really enough difference with the original XD to justify the cost? The essentials package can be had for under 350...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm interested in range report as well. How is the muzzle flip/recoil? Is it still fun to shoot or is it too small? I'm between an M&P 9c and an XD subcompact double stack.

Also, is there really enough difference with the original XD to justify the cost? The essentials package can be had for under 350...

It is a double stack as well, and takes the same mags as the old XD

I love my XD9sc. It really doesn't shoot like a "small" gun, and is a a blast at the range. I have had ZERO malfunctions with mine.

As for the Mod 2, a slightly thinner, and better, grip as well as the Fiber Optic front sight, MIGHT just be enough to justify the cost, IMHO

djsmith1000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for your experience with the XD.

My other option, since I'd like to stick with a double stack is the S&W M&P 9c. I'm worried about the trigger though, as I have read a lot of negatives on it. Also curious how the size compares. But it seems like the M&P has a low bore axis, which is why I was asking about recoil. I need to find a store that carries both and get the feel for them.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I had a chance to handle one at USDS and... well I was kind of surprised at how much I liked it. My wife has an XDS sub and I've just never liked it. It's heavy in the hand, hard to rack, and tiny little grip I just can't get to sit properly in my paws.

So I pick the Mod 2 up with a snort of derision and had to eat some crow. The damn thing is lighter, operates much smoother/easier, the slid is nicely milled for grip, and the grip itself (while Grip-zone-goofy) actually does what it says on the tin. I actually liked the damn thing... :baby:

I have not been able to fire the Mod 2 though, so grain of salt and all that.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I love my XD9sc. It really doesn't shoot like a "small" gun, and is a a blast at the range. I have had ZERO malfunctions with mine.

I feel the same way about mine, I would consider getting the new version if I hadn't installed tru-glo's on mine, still, I might change my mind if the new one feels perfect.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I bought one and have about 100 rounds through so far and I really like it. It shoots much softer than my 26 and just feels amazing in the hand. I have wide hands and I really enjoy shooting it with the flush mag. The sights it comes with are pretty decent as well, the gun does flip a bit, but Target reacusistion is very simple. I was very pleased with my groups at 10 yards. The more I shoot it the more I enjoy it. It is 100% replacing my g26 for edc.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Just picked mine up.

2ihw37k.jpg

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I just received an email about an hour ago from Springfield that they are now releasing this in .40 S&W as well. But wow, Wes, that price from Midwest is really, really good!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Saw it today at my LGS.... hate the branding and all the safety features but the grip texture on the front and back straps is very nice reminds me of my P30's stippling.

Top Bottom