• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    One of my .45 XD 13 round mag has a weird issue.

With all 13 round's in you can hear something sliding back and forth at the bottom of the mag, with 12 round or fewer it does not. The other mag does not do this. Normal tension on the spring.

Both brand new never fired.

????

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's been a complaint of XD owners since they came out. I fixed mine.

sold 'em :rockwoot:and bought more GLOCKs :):
    So more paper weights? Wow another useless, and unhelpful post. By another Glock owner. Anyways back to the OP, defently take the mag apart. Is the base plate loose?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    While I do not have an XD I have an XDM in .40

I have noticed that two of my 5 mags will sometimes rattle when loaded to full capacity. I have found that if I unload a round or two and then load them back up it goes away. Also, be sure the rounds are fully seated to the back of the mag.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I have an XD .40 subcompact and have had issues with the extended mag feeding correctly a couple times since then I don't use the extended mag.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So more paper weights? Wow another useless, and unhelpful post. By another Glock owner. Anyways back to the OP, deffently take the mag apart. Is the base plate loose?

:popcorn:

another worthless post by you too it seems.........GLOCK owner or not, I HAD 3 XD's and am not talking out of my rear end just to bash another brand of handgun.

Like I said, it has been a complaint with the XD mags from the beginning.

XD-45 mag rattles inside the well. - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Warping magazines on a Springfield XD 45 Compact? - Oklahoma Shooters

XDM mag issue...

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XDM 9mm Luger 19-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

and the list goes on..........

:rolleyes:

Kerry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    I have a 40 cal xdm with no problems with the 5 mags I have. Just need to get a comfortable CC holster.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    another worthless post by you too it seems.........GLOCK owner or not, I HAD 3 XD's and am not talking out of my rear end just to bash another brand of handgun.

Like I said, it has been a complaint with the XD mags from the beginning.

XD-45 mag rattles inside the well. - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Warping magazines on a Springfield XD 45 Compact? - Oklahoma Shooters

XDM mag issue...

Springfield Armory Magazine Springfield XDM 9mm Luger 19-Round Stainless Steel - MidwayUSA

and the list goes on..........

:rolleyes:
    ]
    :n00b: Exactly which of those threads is related to the OP's issue? The first one is about the mag rattling in the well, the second is about a magazine warping, the third is about a rattle on the seventh round of an XDm40 magazine. The only thing that was on topic was a review of the XDm9 magazine from Midway. It is easy to imply that a list goes on and on when it is totally irrelevant to what is being discussed. U.S. Patriot nailed to; more smoke blowin' by a glock guy.

To the OP, I just checked my XD45 magazines and one of them does the same thing. It has a little rattle when fully loaded. Trust me, it doesn't affect function. Unless it just really bugs you there is no need to worry about it. I am somewhat curious as to what causes some magazines to do it and not others. If I get time I'll take mine apart to see if there is any difference.

mvician, see how easy it is to stay on topic?

nonstop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    just hold the mag by the sides and give it a good smack on the back side with your off hand. What your hearing is a round moving inside the mag, a good wrap settles things and quiets it down, it works for my XD45c mags.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is something that, to my knowledge, is pretty much standard on high capacity Sig mags. It just has to do with the way the tension on the spring lets the rounds sit. Sometimes one is a little loose, and I haven't ever heard of it affecting feeding. It just makes your gun rattle a little if you shake it. And if you're shaking your gun like a maraca, you probably shouldn't own it anyway.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    mvician, see how easy it is to stay on topic?

U.S. Patriot nailed to; more smoke blowin' by a glock guy.

kingnereli
    The Anti-Glock

:fawk:

Smoke blowin' from a GLOCK guy :rolleyes:

I OWNED 3 XDs, 2 XD45 Compacts, and a XD9SC.
    All 6 of my "full size" XD45 mags rattled when filled to capacity, the 10 round compact mags didn't.

I have stayed ON TOPIC....
    did you read any of those links ?

from the first link

I have owned two XD45s, and both of them had magazines that rattled when filled to capacity. I noticed that it's the 8th round in the magazine, but if you load it to 12 rounds it doesn't rattle.
    Haha, funny because the 7th round on mine only starts to rattle once you load the 12th round.
    Or, at least it used to... I pulled apart the mag, and it seemed to have stopped upon reassembly.
    from the second

I have not had that problem but what bugs me about my mags is that if you load either mag to full capacity (ten or thirteen) then the rounds rattle inside of the mag.
    from the third link

I have a XDM 40 with the 16 round magazines. I just noticed this the other day at the range and it struck me as a little odd. If I load more than 7 rounds the 7th round is loose in its spot in the mag but only with even numbers. So if I have 8, 10, 12, 14, or 16 loaded the 7th rattles. It happens with both mags. Doesn't seem like a big deal, all the rounds still chamber with no issues. Anyone else ever experience this?
    I also checked my mags after reading this. One of my mags rattles a little bit on the 12th round, the other doesn't at all. I've never had any issues with them.
    have a XD subcompact abd 3 out of 4 of the 10 round mags have bullet movement at the 6th or 7th round.
    from the forth link

These are excellent magazines. I bought 19 of them from MidwayUSA. Every one of them has functioned flawlessly. There are some issues with the magazine design. When fully loaded, they will rattle.
    I don't care if it is the XDM, the XD9, the XD45 or the XDsuperduper...each caliber has mags that will rattle.

As I stated in my first post, it has been a complaint from the start by many XD owners.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I have had all makes of hi-cap mags rattle on me. Ruger, Sig, Glock, and on and on.

It is just one of those things. As long as the mag runs, don't worry about it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom