Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Sent this to Senator Long:

Dear Senator Long,

I would urge you, in your capacity as President Pro tem of the Indiana State Senate, to reconsider recent actions referring certain bills intended to protect lawful firearms and firearms owners to the Rules Committee.

At the very least, these bills should be allowed to proceed to the floor of the Senate, where they can rise or fall on their own merits, and not merely disappear from the light of day.

Let the People of Indiana, through their elected State representatives, express their voices on these matters. Wherever the chips may fall, as they say.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,

And to Sen. Alting:

Dear Sen. Alting,

I am writing to urge you to support proposed legislation that would protect law-abiding Indiana gun owners from needless federal regulation.

Certainly the recent events in Sandy Hook were a tragedy, which bespeak a need for an examination of our mental health system in the United States. Just as clearly, this tragedy should not serve as a pretext for more attempts by certain federal legislators to usurp more and more States' and People's rights.

I would urge you to give fair consideration to SB 130, which is currently relegated to the Rules Committee.

The system of federalism was never meant to give the federal government carte blanche to regulate all behavior within the US borders. The issues in question here, whether mental health or firearms, are best dealt with by the States severally.

I would urge you to at least consider this bill, and do what you can to further a meaningful debate on these important questions. At the same time, I would hope that the State can address the current mental health needs of those Hoosiers who find themselves without necessary support.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
    Top Bottom