• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They need to start having folks tell them when challenged, "If I have to walk back out that door.... I won't be back".

Vote with your money!!!! :rockwoot:

We've had this same discussion in other threads, too. I am absolutely with you on it, too. I'm surprised at how many shops require this and it's complete BS. They usually claim it's for insurance purposes, but I'm not buying that argument. It's easy enough to just say "keep it holstered", just like Gander Mountain and Cabela's. If you need to unload or unholster, take it outside first.

Glocker B-58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    They need to start having folks tell them when challenged, "If I have to walk back out that door.... I won't be back".

Vote with your money!!!! :rockwoot:

Maybe consider that with the inventory of arms and ammunition that any gun shop carries you are forcing the salespeople to make a decision whether you are a threat to the other customers and to the community.
    Wyatt's is in Cicero, with a very small town center, and their gun inventory is sufficient to control the town. It would be much simpler, for all cocerned, if you secure your arms in your car before entering any gun store.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Maybe consider that with the inventory of arms and ammunition that any gun shop carries you are forcing the salespeople to make a decision whether you are a threat to the other customers and to the community.
    Wyatt's is in Cicero, with a very small town center, and their gun inventory is sufficient to control the town. It would be much simpler, for all cocerned, if you secure your arms in your car before entering any gun store.

It would be so much simpler if stores which sell arms, respect others rights to carry them :rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

So what you're saying is that they have to assume that anyone coming in armed must be out to rob them? I'm sorry, but that doesn't support your argument. Why would I want to shop somewhere that treats me like a criminal?

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    Seems MOST if not ALL gun stores require us to be unarmed upon entering. Hmmm....
    I would like to hear the owners of these shops comments on this? I am totally blown away that someone supporting the 2nd ammendment (gun stores) would also not allow us to exercise it in their establishment.

Owners or staff????

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Seems MOST if not ALL gun stores require us to be unarmed upon entering. Hmmm....
    I would like to hear the owners of these shops comments on this? I am totally blown away that someone supporting the 2nd ammendment (gun stores) would also not allow us to exercise it in their establishment.

Owners or staff????

21st Century doesn't, which is one reason why he gets nearly all my business. Gander Mountain doesn't. Neither does Cabela's. They don't seem to have a problem.

LoveMyRuger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Southside Indy

I just know that when I visit my favorite gun store they ask why I'm NOT carrying!!
    (I usually come straight from work)

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    Century is now in my top 3 to visit. I don't do much business with the others as there are large retail chains and I like supporting the small shops such as my folks. Thanks for the info Scutter also glad to meet you again today.

21st Century doesn't, which is one reason why he gets nearly all my business. Gander Mountain doesn't. Neither does Cabela's. They don't seem to have a problem.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Century is now in my top 3 to visit. I don't do much business with the others as there are large retail chains and I like supporting the small shops such as my folks. Thanks for the info Scutter also glad to meet you again today.

:patriot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I stopped in theree last week while in Cicero for business with a friend, asked about the range prices, heard the $20 plus a hour or membership for 300.00 then 12.00 hour on top of that, the entire time one of the 2 gentlemen had his hand on his sidearm the ENTIRE time. Guess he thought we was a threat even though we was wearing work shorts with work shirts tucked in. If we had anything at all on us it would have printed.

On top of that I thought the prices was 25% higher than other shops around.

I'll just avoid the place, no need to visit it again.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    seemed pleasant

I went by there today with my wife and son, an older tall guy, cant remeber his name was pretty helpful and very talkative. I wanted to check it out because its one of the 2 gun shops closest to me, they had a decent amount of guns, but nothing for Ar's (thats what I was kinda lookin for) I'd probably go back.

neil221211

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Anderson
    good service

i've been to wyatt's on many occasions. i've bought all four of my pistols from there plus a friend bought one from them as well (that i now also own). always good service from Miles as well as his son and the others working there.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Update on Wyatt's range. Called Friday hoping that I could go up and shoot. Talked to Dennis and he said that it would still be a "couple months" Come on guys, that has been the story since last year.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Update on Wyatt's range. Called Friday hoping that I could go up and shoot. Talked to Dennis and he said that it would still be a "couple months" Come on guys, that has been the story since last year.

Yep. If that's true (and who knows at this point) it'll be 9+ months overdue. Frankly with the rules, test, and estimated rates, I really couldn't care less at this point. :dunno:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    Wyatt's is somewhat of a joke in my opinion. I had a FFL issue and Miles was basically no help. I attempted to buy an XDM from them and came back denied (still getting this worked out with the government). I have a CCW and was completely shocked when this happened. Unfortunately, I had just bought a CZ-SP01 from a guy out of state and had it shipped to Wyatt's for the transfer. Obviously, the SP01 was stuck there until I could either work out the problem with the background check or sell it and have it transferred elsewhere. Miles wouldn't let me sell the gun out of his shop because he was afraid of the Straw Purchase Act. I guess I can't fault him for that. I was willing to sign a bill of sale and all of that, but it didn't matter to him. Oh well, nothing I can do but ship it to another FFL/Buyer.

Once I sold the firearm that was stuck there and needed Miles to ship the gun to Virginia, Miles was no where to be found. I left 5 messages with them to have Miles call me about getting the gun shipped. Then I was told that their FFL had expired and they couldn't ship anything anywhere. If I had known this was the case, I would have waited on selling the gun. Eventually, after talking to Zach (who, in my opininon, is the only guy worth talking to there, very professional and helpful) appoximately 5 times over 2 weeks, the gun was shipped. Poor communication and basically no help at all in getting the gun out of there. This coming from a customer who has bought guns from Wyatt's before even though I new they were a little over priced. I didn't care about a few bucks, I just wanted to support a local business. I will never step foot back in Wyatt's.

jradams

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    I went there today to checkout the shop and ask about the range and they said they will be charging 200$ for a membership that lasts a year. The range fee is 20$ an hour and 16$ for members. Not much of a savings compared to Pops (currently shoot there) I was looking for another range that might be closer to me. They did estimate another 2 months before the range to open.

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville
    I went there today to checkout the shop and ask about the range and they said they will be charging 200$ for a membership that lasts a year. The range fee is 20$ an hour and 16$ for members. Not much of a savings compared to Pops (currently shoot there) I was looking for another range that might be closer to me. They did estimate another 2 months before the range to open.

Yup, complete crap. That means you would have to go 50+ times a year to see a savings. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

MikeyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    North of Indy
    Wyatt's fee is ridiculous. POPs charges $149 and that includes unlimited range time Mon-Fri 10-5 and only $6 per hour on evenings and weekends. I know that some people have issues with POP guns but I can't think of what would substantiate the $16/hour on top of the $200/year membership fee at Wyatts.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, it really is a shame about the prices for the range. The prices on the firearms were decent at least before he built the new shop. I haven't actually been in there since they moved. He gave me and scutter a tour of the new building. Gorgeous building! Top of the line equipment in there too if I recall correctly. I guess that could account for the high fees and such but we won't use it because of the prices and the hoops needed to just use the range. He's a very very nice man though. Very friendly. The guys that work there are nice as well.

Top Bottom