• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think that Wyatt's gets much slack around here other than from their longtime customers.

I shopped at the old store a few times and always enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and helpful and the prices were reasonable. Miles is always ready for a chat. He even showed us around the new building while it was under construction and explained all the features they were building into it.

Frankly, I'm at a loss as to how they're paying the bills on the new store. The place looks great, but the couple of times I've been in there they've had nothing but empty shelves.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    3/5/2011 Update
    They "say" the range will be open end of March - call before you go because they have been saying that for a year.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    3/5/2011 Update
    They "say" the range will be open end of March - call before you go because they have been saying that for a year.

Believe me or not....I swear they told me the same thing 3 or 4 years ago. I saw their new building with the "private collection" But I wont believe the range til I see it

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Believe me or not....I swear they told me the same thing 3 or 4 years ago. I saw their new building with the "private collection" But I wont believe the range til I see it
    i when in there a year or two ago and they had a shell up and the floor pored but that was about it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm in Cicero every week delivering and I laugh every time I drive by Wyatt's because they told me two years ago that they'd have the range open. From what I remember membership and rental was not going to be cheap.

So don't hold your breath and if and when they open it up, bring plenty of money to :spend:around because I think the gouging will begin.

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    When they built the new building they failed to get ffl with that address, opened and was selling under the ffl from the old address which ticked off the BATFE, the reason they dont have a ffl. That's the word around here.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    We need an indoor range and a store that is reasonable. If they have any business model for Hamilton County it should be a fantastic success.

MikeyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    North of Indy
    I heard they don't have an FFL because one of their employees (Wyatt's son I believe) provided guidence to someone (an undercover ATF agent) filling out the section with the yes/no questions of the paperwork. Again, just what I heard.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I keep begging that guy at Bradis to open a Bradis North in the Hamilton County area along US31 in Westfield, with an indoor range in the back. I like to keep dreaming.

It is hard to believe that in such an affluent area, Northern Indianapolis, Carmel, and Westfield there are no storefronts.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    you all in indy think you have it bad... I'm in Bloomington, we have nothing, not even a crappy outdoor range!!! I've been looking into starting a range/gun store, but coming up with the 750,000 to 1.5 million for start up funds is proving challenging!

I know that Indy isn't all roses and puppy dogs on the range front, but you have options. granted Don's and Pop's are crappy, but they are something.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    you all in indy think you have it bad... I'm in Bloomington, we have nothing, not even a crappy outdoor range!!! I've been looking into starting a range/gun store, but coming up with the 750,000 to 1.5 million for start up funds is proving challenging!

I know that Indy isn't all roses and puppy dogs on the range front, but you have options. granted Don's and Pop's are crappy, but they are something.

$750,000-$1.5mil won't get you very far. That's about enough for the HVAC and trap system alone, not including the actual building, land costs, inventory, or any other overhead start up cost's. If you can get a group investors involved you may have better luck.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I keep begging that guy at Bradis to open a Bradis North in the Hamilton County area along US31 in Westfield, with an indoor range in the back. I like to keep dreaming.

It is hard to believe that in such an affluent area, Northern Indianapolis, Carmel, and Westfield there are no storefronts.

We're working on opening a range in Zionsville on 421. We have the land and are working on zoning right now. I assume we can count on your support?;)

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    We're working on opening a range in Zionsville on 421. We have the land and are working on zoning right now. I assume we can count on your support?;)

I wish you were a little closer to the Fishers area, but I will be there nonetheless, and looking forward to it:rockwoot:

Dude, if you can get one open anywhere on the north side, more support than you know was possible will come out of the woodwork. I'd buy a membership in a heartbeat.

Sure! This is your way of getting out of starting your own.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I heard they don't have an FFL because one of their employees (Wyatt's son I believe) provided guidence to someone (an undercover ATF agent) filling out the section with the yes/no questions of the paperwork. Again, just what I heard.

I downloaded a copy of the proceedings in the civil case for denial of his license renewal. There had been a lot going on for a very long time. See: 1:09-cv-00422-LJM-JMS WYATT ARMS, INC. v. HOLDER et al.

Top Bottom