• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, that's what I figured out. I was replaying Stage 2 knowing that I hadn't missed three times... but did on stage 1.

Lesson learned, slow down and get the hits.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How stupid do I look on stage 4? I've got a decent idea of how stupid I look on the other stages, but I think I raised the bar on my stupidity on stage 4.

Very. I did not want to be mean just answering the question you asked, and since the scores are up I said I would answer.:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think I may follow Craig's advice and move over to Limited once to try it out.

Disgusted at that last stage... 3 mike's on that little stage dropped me down a lot...

Need to go do a bunch of shooting that ISN'T in a match....

Last edited:

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    At least you didn't get a "failure to engage target" and dump 60 points like me. I didn't see that target behind the barrels on stage 2 (I think).

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    take the positive and build upon it. Learn the lessons and from the bad and move on.

League? April 25th?

I made plenty of mistakes and learned from them, but I'm not one to beat myself up over it. I also did some things a lot better than I have in the past and I intend to focus on those a lot more.

Sadly, I can't do league April 25th. I'll be taking an 8 hour exam that day.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think I may follow Craig's advice and move over to Limited once to try it out.

Disgusted at that last stage... 3 mike's on that little stage dropped me down a lot...

Need to go do a bunch of shooting that ISN'T in a match....

It might be a good idea. Limited will cut down on your reloads and allow you to concentrate on the shooting more and the reloads less. Production and L10 make you learn stage breakdown.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One thing I have just realized is the difference in scoring between them. Seems Limited is more about speed than perfect marksmenship, while Production is rewards moving well but requiring much higher marksmenship.

I'll stick with Production for a bit because I use these matches to shoot more accurately. And that's what I need to focus on. When you got Coach and Slow1911's rocking the targets, it's hard to not want to run and gun... er walk fast and gun... :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    At least you didn't get a "failure to engage target" and dump 60 points like me. I didn't see that target behind the barrels on stage 2 (I think).

At least the boys had a good time :rockwoot:

TJ was great, I heard him explaining stuff to John-Michael while I was shooting video.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    At least the boys had a good time :rockwoot:
    TJ was great, I heard him explaining stuff to John-Michael while I was shooting video.

I shouldn't complain - I shot a decent classifier.
    And yeah, the kids did have a good time. And they picked up almost 1,100 pieces of brass, all for me :D.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    One thing I have just realized is the difference in scoring between them. Seems Limited is more about speed than perfect marksmenship, while Production is rewards moving well but requiring much higher marksmenship.

I'll stick with Production for a bit because I use these matches to shoot more accurately. And that's what I need to focus on. When you got Coach and Slow1911's rocking the targets, it's hard to not want to run and gun... er walk fast and gun... :D

Production is very dependent on shooting A's because of the minor scoring. But the whole sport is about balance between accuracy and speed. the correct balance is key. Fast is fun but it can be a trap that lead to diaster.

Top Bottom