• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nice video! Looks like a good time.

bigcraig has tried on several occasions to goad me into shooting USPSA, but I have resisted thus far. Posts like this make little tiny cracks start to appear in my steadfastness. ;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

bigcraig has tried on several occasions to goad me into shooting USPSA, but I have resisted thus far. Posts like this make little tiny cracks start to appear in my steadfastness. ;)

dude, it's fun as hell

Wait until you see "machine gun Rhino" in Stage 4 :)

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    It was an option of which of three boxes you wanted to shoot from.

I would have been better off shooting and running across....

ahh. I noticed some guys having issue getting the steel target on the left to fall on the first hit. I guess starting on the left helps that problem.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy

Brother Mark, you would LOVE this sport.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, the "pro's" where good enough to hit it, and then nail that last target all the way across.... I hit the stupid steel, assumed it would fall, then completely missed the far target, thinking I made two good shots... then failed to realize the steel hadn't fallen.

Lessons learned by this noobie over the weekend.... don't shoot like the pro's.... make sure you take time to hit all the targets.... speed will come with time.

I don't think you can have much more fun with a gun :)

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    ahh. I noticed some guys having issue getting the steel target on the left to fall on the first hit. I guess starting on the left helps that problem.

I hit the steel 5 times and it wouldn't fall, I just quit shooting at it. Upon further investigation, I should have hit the steel more towards the top.

No biggie.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Stressed trigger time, is good trigger time.

:+1:

Amen, I'm not there for the sport, I'm there to shoot and it's more fun than standing behind a bench shooting a target with a red dot in the middle.

I do like watching the guys good at the sport doing there thing, it's really something to see.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I hit the steel 5 times and it wouldn't fall, I just quit shooting at it. Upon further investigation, I should have hit the steel more towards the top.

No biggie.
    If I remember correctly, you were hitting it hard enough and maybe some were a tad low, but since it was a forward falling popper, you kept it standing and it reset itself. I remember thinking to myself while you were unloading on it, "stop, let it fall"

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have no doubt. But as you well know, the very fact that it is a "sport" is the source of my aversion.

Would it matter to you know that the very best in this "sport" train the very best in our LE and military worlds?

"Sport" or not, shooting fast and accurately is a skill I think one would wish to have? Or perhaps you don't?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Would it matter to you know that the very best in this "sport" train the very best in our LE and military worlds?

"Sport" or not, shooting fast and accurately is a skill I think one would wish to have? Or perhaps you don't?

In order to avoid :hijack: and :horse:, that's not a discussion I'm willing to get into here. Thanks for your concern, though.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So now the question becomes: If you hit the popper and it doesnt fall, is that a good hit?

In USPSA/IPSC, steel must fall to score. Steel targets are calibrated to fall when struck by a full diameter hit from ammo that makes the minimum power factor (125).

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    In USPSA/IPSC, steel must fall to score. Steel targets are calibrated to fall when struck by a full diameter hit from ammo that makes the minimum power factor (125).

I hit the plate 4 times in the fat part of the plate, granted it was at an angle, but I did get atleast 4 solid hits using 115gr S&B factory loads.

That being said, I think the poppers that fall forward suck!:noway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Guess we just need to hit it where Nathan did :D

I heard it hit and assumed it fell, dumbassedness on my part...

Just one match is all it would take Shooter591 :D soooo much fun.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I hit the plate 4 times in the fat part of the plate, granted it was at an angle, but I did get atleast 4 solid hits using 115gr S&B factory loads.

That being said, I think the poppers that fall forward suck!:noway:
    The angle does make a big difference.

That being said, I agree with you.

Guess we just need to hit it where Nathan did :D
    After watching Craig shoot it, I was pretty worried about that popper. I didn't think my mousefart minor power factor loads were gonna get the job done at that angle. I got lucky.

I heard it hit and assumed it fell, dumbassedness on my part...
    Usually, that's ok. I'd say this was a unique situation. If you wait for the popper to fall before you move on, you're wasting a lot of time.

Just one match is all it would take Shooter591 :D soooo much fun.
    That's all it took for me!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great videos!

Ok, stage 1 question: Some people start left, and run right, some people start right and stay. Why the difference?

clay

All good stages allow the shooter options, and they are free to solve the problem the best way they see fit. The freestyle aspect of shooting is one of the best parts of the sport in my opinion.

Sometimes there are standard exercises or classifiers that have to be shot in a particular manner, but many stages and shot as and when visible.

Top Bottom