• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I know I have been exposed multiple times over the past couple of years. Patients would come in for treatment with no symptoms and a day or two later, we would get a call that they were positive, including a couple that were hospitalized. I work front desk so we have contact with just about everyone who comes thru the door. I was exposed by a coworker the week before Thanksgiving when I finally ended up positive.

The info I read stated at least 90 days. That was the least amount of time that it stated you could pretty much feel comfortable with having immunity after being positive. It did say that many experience longer immunity but it could not be expected beyond 90 days.
    That’s because natural immunity doesn’t make money for anyone

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    The omicron variant seems to be different enough from the other variants that it evades vaccines as well as immunity from prior infection.

It's more of a head cold/sore throat and doesn't seem to go into the lungs. @6-7x more transmissible than the Delta variant, but so far....far less debilitating and fatal.

Elderly/fat/immune compromised will have worse symptoms, worse outcomes and won't develop as durable antibodies as young/healthy individuals.

I mixed up a PVI solution to irrigate my nasal passages and gargle with when I've been around people. 6oz distilled water, pinch of salt and 2tsp of Betadine. I don't use it too often because too much iodine can cause hyperthyroidism. Grocery store, hospital, family gathering......I snort that stuff until I feel it in my throat. Spit it out and blow nose after 15-20 seconds. Kills Kung Flu on contact.

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    More nonsense

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    She did a 5 day course of ivermectin, quercitine, nac, C, zinc, and maybe D3.

I am on quercitine, zinc, C, D3, nac.

When did yours turn to pneumonia?

Thanks for the prayers.
    Who prescribed that - your GP? Wife was down for the count Sunday with flu symptoms, good enough to work from home Monday and good enough to drive today. She picked up the home test from the pharmacy and it shows positive for her. I’ve got the same flu symptoms I get every few years although I haven’t taken the test yet.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Who prescribed that - your GP? Wife was down for the count Sunday with flu symptoms, good enough to work from home Monday and good enough to drive today. She picked up the home test from the pharmacy and it shows positive for her. I’ve got the same flu symptoms I get every few years although I haven’t taken the test yet.
    She got the ivermectin from a coworker.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    We hoarded 4 tests from the pharmacy and all took it at home. Wife and boy tested positive with minor flu-like symptoms. I and girl tested negative, although I coincidentally appear to have the same flu I get every few years. Odd that I got my "normal" flu the day after she got the Wuhan version.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We hoarded 4 tests from the pharmacy and all took it at home. Wife and boy tested positive with minor flu-like symptoms. I and girl tested negative, although I coincidentally appear to have the same flu I get every few years. Odd that I got my "normal" flu the day after she got the Wuhan version.
    Timing matters with the rapid tests. I tested negative on a Wednesday at the beginning of being sick, but tested positive 2 days later when I obviously had the same sickness as at the beginning.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    On November 22, 23, and 24, I was in close contact with a guy at work who was visibly ill.
    He is often ill, so I was not too concerned.

I woke up Thanksgiving morning with fatigue and body aches. I then turned on my phone and saw a text message saying that this guy went in and tested positive.
    I knew right then.
    They wanted me to get tested, and I would need it anyways to be off work, so I did.
    Positive.

I had not been sick with even a cold since June 5, 2015.
    I take a lot of vitamins, and take all the precautions, so I could not believe it.

Day 1 Thanksgiving day: Fatigue and body aches only.
    Day 2 Fatigue, body aches, and sore throat. 99.4 fever at night, and dripping sweat. That was my only fever.
    Day 3 Mostly the same, but now had bad nausea.
    Day 4 Felt a little better.
    Day 5 Felt awful again.
    Day 6 Felt better.
    Day 7 Felt awful.
    Day 8 Felt better, and went to Methodist for the GSK Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. I didn't really feel like I needed it, but the Doc offered, so I accepted. Nurse saw that I was very dehydrated, so she ran a bag of saline through me while hooked up. Wife got the GSK right next to me.
    Day 9 No improvement.
    Day 10 Felt better, but still had horrible nausea.
    Day 11 Started to greatly improve this day, but still had the nausea.
    Day 12 Still better, but with nausea.
    Day 13 Nausea finally broke!!!
    Day 14 I felt 100%

I never had a high fever. Never had a bad cough. Never had breathing trouble. Oxygen was always 96 and above.
    During the 14 days, I only lost taste and smell for 4 days maybe.
    I have no lingering effects since the illness.
    On a side note, I think our cat had it. She was very sick for a few days during our illness.

My wife and I tried to keep apart, but she still got it. However, hers was like a cold. No severe symptoms at all.

It was not a fun 2 weeks, but I am so glad we got it over with.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Here's my recent Covid scare. Having had Covid Jan. 2021 I am relying on my natural immunity and vitamin regiment. Monday I picked up my grandson from a church ski trip in Benton Ky. I drove my grandson 3 hours to Winslow In. A kid on the trip tested positive the day he returned. Now my grandson and several others associated with the trip are positive with mild to severe symptoms.
    I isolated myself from the wife for 4 days waiting to get sick. I doubled my vitamin regiment and got plenty of rest. Still I have no symptoms and tested Negative this morning. Could be I'm just lucky. :dunno:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    JCSR - More likely just immune since you had it already.

You will probably catch later versions as they mutate, but nobody will care because no one really cares about catching a cold. And that's exactly what this is turning into, exactly as predicted.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    So here is my experience.

Pheasant hunted with friend in Illinois on Sat 11/27. He txt'd me on Wed 12/1 that he had it.

12/2 Thurs played Golf
    12/3 Fri pheasant hunt in IN with other friends.
    12/4 Sat - Woke up with sniffles. Took test since wife and I were to go to a Christmas Party that night. Positive. Got prescription for Ivermectin online. Start Vit. D & C + Melatonin, zinc
    12/5 Sun Sniffles, aches and pains. D&D and melatonin zinc
    12/6 Mon Ivermectin arrived along with steroids. Take dose of Ivermectin but skip steroid (hate them).
    12/7 feel fine.
    12/8 fine
    12/9 fine - yada yada yada.

That was it. Wife never got and didn't quarantine from her. Friends I spent the day with on 12/3 did not get it. Drove together in car for over 4 hours. Daughter did not get it from me either.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    JCSR - More likely just immune since you had it already.

You will probably catch later versions as they mutate, but nobody will care because no one really cares about catching a cold. And that's exactly what this is turning into, exactly as predicted.
    I think you're right on this. Strangely since Covid I have not had my twice annually sinus infections. :scratch:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So here is my experience.

Pheasant hunted with friend in Illinois on Sat 11/27. He txt'd me on Wed 12/1 that he had it.

12/2 Thurs played Golf
    12/3 Fri pheasant hunt in IN with other friends.
    12/4 Sat - Woke up with sniffles. Took test since wife and I were to go to a Christmas Party that night. Positive. Got prescription for Ivermectin online. Start Vit. D & C + Melatonin, zinc
    12/5 Sun Sniffles, aches and pains. D&D and melatonin zinc
    12/6 Mon Ivermectin arrived along with steroids. Take dose of Ivermectin but skip steroid (hate them).
    12/7 feel fine.
    12/8 fine
    12/9 fine - yada yada yada.

That was it. Wife never got and didn't quarantine from her. Friends I spent the day with on 12/3 did not get it. Drove together in car for over 4 hours. Daughter did not get it from me either.
    Can you share info on your online Ivermectin supplier? I would like to keep some on hand for the next round.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Can you share info on your online Ivermectin supplier? I would like to keep some on hand for the next round.
    There are many outlets who will prescribe it. It was complete ripoff but I did it even though i have enough life insurance to make my wife the most eligible widow in Central Indiana.

You will have to look around. There are lists by state where they can prescribe. I ended up filling the prescription through a pharmacy in NJ. Spent around $300 with the consultation and drugs. But because I got better right away, I have quite a bit left if someone else in family gets sick.

Top Bottom