• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My dad started rona symptoms 15 days ago, and went to the ER 9 days ago because his O2 levels were low. Admitted with a partially collapsed lung and has been in the hospital since. Spent almost a week with a leaky chest tube that no one caught until the new pulmonologist came in at the start of the week. :xmad: He has had a some trouble keeping his O2 levels up the last day or two, mostly when they get him up out of bed. He's on some sort of steroid for inflammation, and there going to put him on Barcitinib? Not sure why they didn't order monoclonal antibodies that everyone seems to say works well. Family is a little frustrated with the missed leak and endless conflicting info depending on who you talk to. Prayers appreciated.

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I've caught two bugs in the last month but tested negative for COVID both times. Because we basically didn't have a cold and flu season last year the common flu bug has been hitting the gym during lockdowns and really packs a punch this year. The first one took me down for 4 days, the second was just a 24 hour stomach bug. Work still made me get a negative COVID test to return to work.

Kind of on a side note, I get why people are vaccine hesitant but I honestly never got the mask resistance. Yes, mandating it was overreach but a mask is the smallest possible invasion of autonomy and there's so many bigger issues to resist on that front that aren't common sense precautionary. Just my 2 cents.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I will turn 60 in 6 weeks, unvaxxed, and had been taking the recommended vitamins C, D, zinc and famotidine (pepcid) and baby aspirin for the past couple months.

After reading your post, I started reading a little about famotidine, as I had not seen it mentioned in relation to the WuFlu. Interesting, the mixed results in the published studies.

I'm 61, unvaxed, and know for certain I've been exposed several times, but havn't gotten sick yet - recently. I was pretty sick in Feb of 2020, so maybe I had it before it was even a thing.

I've been taking 40 to 60 mg of famotidine a day for decades, for acid reflux.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    After reading your post, I started reading a little about famotidine, as I had not seen it mentioned in relation to the WuFlu. Interesting, the mixed results in the published studies.

I'm 61, unvaxed, and know for certain I've been exposed several times, but havn't gotten sick yet - recently. I was pretty sick in Feb of 2020, so maybe I had it before it was even a thing.

I've been taking 40 to 60 mg of famotidine a day for decades, for acid reflux.

My spouse has been taking 40 mg daily for some time as well to help with the acid reflux. Unfortunately that wasn't enough to stop her from getting it. Maybe it made it easier on her. But she had it worse than me and I am just a fat bastard who takes vitamins.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've caught two bugs in the last month but tested negative for COVID both times. Because we basically didn't have a cold and flu season last year the common flu bug has been hitting the gym during lockdowns and really packs a punch this year. The first one took me down for 4 days, the second was just a 24 hour stomach bug. Work still made me get a negative COVID test to return to work.

Kind of on a side note, I get why people are vaccine hesitant but I honestly never got the mask resistance. Yes, mandating it was overreach but a mask is the smallest possible invasion of autonomy and there's so many bigger issues to resist on that front that aren't common sense precautionary. Just my 2 cents.

My last couple trips to town, two sales clerks at different retail establishments were kinda masked and coughing. :nailbite:

I keep thinking, "Alright here we go..."

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My last couple trips to town, two sales clerks at different retail establishments were kinda masked and coughing. :nailbite:

I keep thinking, "Alright here we go..."
    A lot of people who have had it and return to work are no longer contagious but the cough lingers. I had the cough for at least two weeks after my quarantine was over.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Well “follow the science” shows masks are about as effective as a chicken wire fence holding out mosquitoes. But sure… “common sense precautions” and all. What is effective is staying home when you’re sick, washing your hands and not spitting on people

Yep. So it went like this, first they thought the virus was only transmitted via bodily fluids. At that time and only at that time, masks made sense, even cloth masks. The thought was that it would prevent spit particles from coughing, sneezing and talking from getting onto surrounding people and infecting them. Then we found out it was airborne and all of that went out the window. Cloth masks do ZERO good for an airborne virus. Just as bobzilla said, it's like trying to hold back mosquitos with a chain link fence. The weave of the mask is too large to prevent the much smaller virus from getting out. Actual hospital style masks are supposed to have some effect and N95 with a proper seal is effective to some extent as well, but you almost never see people with those types of masks. IF it was thought that masks did any good at all, the authorities would be putting that information out and everyone would wear that right stuff, they would know the right procedures for the gear to be effective, how to get a proper seal, etc. Since none of that has been done, wearing your little face diaper is nothing but a virtue signaling device showing the other sheep that you're in lockstep with whatever BS is put out.

Or think of it another way, if they were really effective, do you think politicians would constantly be caught not wearing them?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yep. So it went like this, first they thought the virus was only transmitted via bodily fluids. At that time and only at that time, masks made sense, even cloth masks. The thought was that it would prevent spit particles from coughing, sneezing and talking from getting onto surrounding people and infecting them. Then we found out it was airborne and all of that went out the window. Cloth masks do ZERO good for an airborne virus. Just as bobzilla said, it's like trying to hold back mosquitos with a chain link fence. The weave of the mask is too large to prevent the much smaller virus from getting out. Actual hospital style masks are supposed to have some effect and N95 with a proper seal is effective to some extent as well, but you almost never see people with those types of masks. IF it was thought that masks did any good at all, the authorities would be putting that information out and everyone would wear that right stuff, they would know the right procedures for the gear to be effective, how to get a proper seal, etc. Since none of that has been done, wearing your little face diaper is nothing but a virtue signaling device showing the other sheep that you're in lockstep with whatever BS is put out.

Or think of it another way, if they were really effective, do you think politicians would constantly be caught not wearing them?
    Cloth Masks

Two experts in the article above flat out say cloth masks are useless. One called them “a fashion accessory.” Surgical masks seem a bit more helpful since the tighter weave can catch a bit more particles. I can understand the theory of combining masks with social distancing. If you can prevent droplets from talking, coughing, etc. from splashing everywhere, that’s a good thing. But, your breath still has to go somewhere. If the mask is covering your nose and mouth, you’d suffocate if the mask prevented air from escaping. So if your breath is escaping, it’s going into the air. So I’m walking through the grocery store and I’m leaving my carbon dioxide behind me as I move, the next person is walking right through it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Cloth Masks

Two experts in the article above flat out say cloth masks are useless. One called them “a fashion accessory.” Surgical masks seem a bit more helpful. I can understand the theory of combining masks with social distancing. If you can prevent droplets from talking, coughing, etc. from splashing everywhere, that’s a good thing. But, your breath still has to go somewhere. If the mask is covering your nose and mouth, you’d suffocate if the mask prevented air from escaping. So if your breath is escaping, it’s going into the air. So I’m walking through the grocery store and I’m leaving my carbon dioxide behind me as I move, the next person is walking right through it.

Not taking the time to look it up, but I've also read articles stating that social distancing also doesn't do anything for an airborne virus, especially indoors. Again, when we thought it wasn't airborne, social distancing made sense, but it's been 18 months or so since we've known better.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    A lot of people who have had it and return to work are no longer contagious but the cough lingers. I had the cough for at least two weeks after my quarantine was over.
    I have a lingering cough still. Not very productive. Doesn't help that I am working in a very dusty environment.

Hope that my cough subsides within the two weeks like yours did.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Imagine you're in your 50s or 60s and have worked hard to be able to retire You finally get to travel more and have this new sense of freedom. Then a scamdemic is implemented and children younger than yours attempt to give you orders about masks. It'll either turn out to be a teaching lesson/discussion or a verbal scolding of a child. That's just one example of where most free Americans are at, not complying with even the alleged smallest loss of freedoms.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Covid passed through a month ago. In addition to all the other vitamins and all that people have mentioned, I have done well with nasal rinse. I got the bottle and the salt packets from the drug store. No prescription. Keeping virus out of my sinuses helped me breathe through it all. When I mentioned it to my Dr. he thought it could not hurt and if it gave some comfort for better sleep it was a good thing.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sad news as the person I spoke of is leaving us today. Wife daughter and her husband on their way to say goodbye to him. He started going back the other way and was sent to another hospital. He had emergency surgery a month ago and we were just told his kidney is full of cancer and spreading and nothing they can do since he has covid and been on the repsporater for over 2 weeks, they just couldn't get him off of it. So sounds like the cancer lowered his immunity. I would think his immunity had to be lower because of all this. He had a real battle on his hands, just prayed the Lords will be done. Some people would rather leave this world than suffer months or years of fighting a slow cancerous death. I think he would be such a man, I know I would rather be in paradise.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I lost a good friend on Christmas Eve to cancer. 61 years old, earlier this year had sold his company for big $$$. Three kids College age and two in HS and wife.

Pancreatic. Buddies and I had been trying to get together with him for our annual Christmas Cheer round of drinks. Scheduling made that impossible so had planned to do it right after New Years. Guess we'll do it and have him there in spirit.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My aunt and uncle, in their 70s, but previously basically healthy, are in separate hospitals with Covid right now. My uncle is doing better and is in a smaller community hospital due to O2 levels. Hopefully he doesn't get worse. My aunt was a bit worse off, earlier and is in a larger regional hospital. She was going to get the infusion, but her O2 was too low. They are hoping to stabilize her with a better level, then get her the infusion.
    My uncle went to be with his Lord today after 2 weeks on a ventilator. He was a good, hardworking, kind man.

My aunt, his wife, is recovering in a rehab facility and will need to be there for at least a couple of weeks.

As for my personal covid story. There's not much to it. My younger son had a 2 day mild cold, turns out it wasn't a cold, right before Christmas, I caught it from him, and I had 4 days of a really bad sore throat and sinus congestion. My wife, other son, both daughters and my 85 year old mother-in-law all got it. All of us very mild. No lung issues, some headaches, fatigue, runny noses, sore throat.

My Mom (82) also got it this week. Very mild as well. We are thankful that my mother-in-law and my Mom had very mild sympoms.

It has been a rough several weeks for my uncle's family and it will be hard on my aunt after 50+ years of marriage.

Top Bottom