• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My aunt and uncle, in their 70s, but previously basically healthy, are in separate hospitals with Covid right now. My uncle is doing better and is in a smaller community hospital due to O2 levels. Hopefully he doesn't get worse. My aunt was a bit worse off, earlier and is in a larger regional hospital. She was going to get the infusion, but her O2 was too low. They are hoping to stabilize her with a better level, then get her the infusion.

Last edited:

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    This makes it pretty simple. I did this/Per day 1000mg C, 60mg zinc picolinate, low dose aspirin, 2000-4000 iu K2-7 D3 combined, and probiotics each time with lots of the right fluids. Quecertin works well with C, but I only had a couple doses of it.
    And not sure it would be recommended but on days 3 and 4 I think it was, I ran a mile and worked out indoors. :cool:
    Edit: forgot 10mg melatonin for a couple nights

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My aunt and uncle, in their 70s, but previously basically healthy, are in separate hospitals with Covid right now. My uncle is doing better and is in a smaller community hospital due to O2 levels. Hopefully he doesn't get worse. My aunt was a bit worse off, earlier and is in a larger regional hospital. She was going to get the infusion, but her O2 was too low. They are hoping to stabilize her with a better level, then get her the infusion.
    I think it's absurd to not give infusion based on vitals. The goal is to stop from getting worse by inactivating virus, right? Really as long as it's before day 10 I think everyone with risks should get it.

The problem IMO is the MAB companies wanted to show it was successful at preventing hospitalization and death. So they excluded people who were really sick (meaning requiring oxygen) from their trial and indication request. I'm using it "off-label" but every patient I've talked to about it don't care.

I give it regardless of oxygen level if they are before day 10. Most docs i talk to agree with that plan.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well apparently I’ve found the limits if na thrall immunity. Had it match 2020, tested positive this morning. Symptoms are by far less severe than last year, there’s no elephant on my chest this time around.

So with that out of the way, we are on vitamin C, D3, and a couple other things the wife’s school clinic sent home with her. Lots of fluids and we are making sure we get up and move around every hour or so. Any other home brew remedies y’all recommend?
    Don't forget zinc

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I’m fairly certain I have it at this point. Had a fever of 102, oxygen went down to 94. Been drinking pedialite, and water. Also taking NyQuil and DayQuil. Idk if that helps with Covid but I’m doing my best. Anyone have any suggestions on food a man can make alone and quickly? I threw up a pb&j. So far the best I can come up with is sweet potatoes. It feels unsafe for me to drive. I got a can of soup planned for tomorrow. I’m sure food is subjective but with this minor sore throat I won’t even eat corn bread. Somewhere in my late 20’s I lost the ability to eat eggs and dairy despite how delicious it is.

Also my mind is all over the place sorry. But do I need to worry about my dog catching it from me? He can’t make his own food or let himself out. I don’t want him getting sick. It’s also next to impossible to keep him from being close to me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’m fairly certain I have it at this point. Had a fever of 102, oxygen went down to 94. Been drinking pedialite, and water. Also taking NyQuil and DayQuil. Idk if that helps with Covid but I’m doing my best. Anyone have any suggestions on food a man can make alone and quickly? I threw up a pb&j. So far the best I can come up with is sweet potatoes. It feels unsafe for me to drive. I got a can of soup planned for tomorrow. I’m sure food is subjective but with this minor sore throat I won’t even eat corn bread. Somewhere in my late 20’s I lost the ability to eat eggs and dairy despite how delicious it is.

Also my mind is all over the place sorry. But do I need to worry about my dog catching it from me? He can’t make his own food or let himself out. I don’t want him getting sick. It’s also next to impossible to keep him from being close to me.
    I hear ya. Covid brain is a thing. I was talking to a vendor yesterday and after responding to 1 of two points I had to ask him to ask the question again. LOL. (minor symptoms, no fever, but positive test. vaxxed. ) Im able to work from home at 70% efficiency.

I'm not a doc, but I too bought a Pulse ox proactively and was looking into it to know when its time to call the doc. If your level drops below 94, CALL YOUR DOCTOR, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. The charts Ive seen say that is when it gets dangerous. You are already in the watch zone.

Stay safe.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And dont worry about your dog. animals can carry it, but so far no reports of pet deaths. You know the ultra liberal touchy feely liberals would be ALL over dead puppies if it were a problem. Probably to the point of pushing HARDER for additional measures to SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!!!!

Relax and let your puppers cuddle with you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Prayers sent for everyone to get well (including the OP and his wife).

kickbacked, where in Indy do you live? If you're fairly close to me I'd be happy to bring by some canned fruit or something (or fresh for that matter). Alternatively, Kroger and other stores will deliver, so don't go hungry!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

We have been eating quite a bit of boxed chicken noodle soup. Takes Just few minutes to fix and feels good on the sore throat. Instant oatmeal and granola bars, oranges, grilled cheese, crackers.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I hear ya. Covid brain is a thing. I was talking to a vendor yesterday and after responding to 1 of two points I had to ask him to ask the question again. LOL. (minor symptoms, no fever, but positive test. vaxxed. ) Im able to work from home at 70% efficiency.

I'm not a doc, but I too bought a Pulse ox proactively and was looking into it to know when its time to call the doc. If your level drops below 94, CALL YOUR DOCTOR, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. The charts Ive seen say that is when it gets dangerous. You are already in the watch zone.

Stay safe.
    Im at 98-99 o2 today no fever. Still fatigued, cough and muscle pain. The last 3 days 50% of the day I’m writing my obit. The other 50% I’m not feeling that bad except minor cough etc. has anyone else experienced this? Thank you for your concern. I remember hearing tigers were catching Covid so didn’t know how it worked with dogs.
    Prayers sent for everyone to get well (including the OP and his wife).

kickbacked, where in Indy do you live? If you're fairly close to me I'd be happy to bring by some canned fruit or something (or fresh for that matter). Alternatively, Kroger and other stores will deliver, so don't go hungry!
    I appreciate that, I however live as far north of Indy as you can get in this state. I ordered a really expensive yuppie shake today that’s supposed to be a meal replacement. It’s no shamrock shake but I suppose it’s healthier.
    We have been eating quite a bit of boxed chicken noodle soup. Takes Just few minutes to fix and feels good on the sore throat. Instant oatmeal and granola bars, oranges, grilled cheese, crackers.
    Thank you for the recommendations. I don’t know how I forgot grilled cheese. I love grilled cheese.

Thanks everyone. Apologies if I missed anything.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the generic vitamin/electrolyte power drink worked for me. About 2 liters of that or water per day.

That and sleep.

Hope you are better soon and symptoms are mild.
    And if you feel you REALLY need electrolytes, skip gatorade and get pedialyte. (the stuff for babies) I recall in my hard partying days the guys that would get pass-out drunk during the overnight party behind the skydiving hangar (we would camp there or crash on a couch in the hangar so we didnt have to drive) would be seen wandering around with that stuff the next day. They said he got them going better than anything else.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Im at 98-99 o2 today no fever. Still fatigued, cough and muscle pain. The last 3 days 50% of the day I’m writing my obit. The other 50% I’m not feeling that bad except minor cough etc. has anyone else experienced this? Thank you for your concern. I remember hearing tigers were catching Covid so didn’t know how it worked with dogs.

I appreciate that, I however live as far north of Indy as you can get in this state. I ordered a really expensive yuppie shake today that’s supposed to be a meal replacement. It’s no shamrock shake but I suppose it’s healthier.

Thank you for the recommendations. I don’t know how I forgot grilled cheese. I love grilled cheese.

Thanks everyone. Apologies if I missed anything.
    The fatigue lasted close to a week for me even after I was feeling better. Lots of naps in the recliner. And I had random cold sweats. I would wake up in bed or in my recliner just dripping in sweat.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Best wishes to all that are sick!

Thanks for the info.

What kind of a zinc supplement and dosage are you all taking? Link?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nephew #1 had it, he says long hot showers helped him.

He was sick for a couple of days but had to stay in his dorm room for 14 days, and he was 22, Div. III college athlete (which really helped I am certain).

Speedy recovery to you, BZ!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Started to get the sore throat on 11-7. That turned into a 'hot coal in my throat'. Went to the Dr. on 11-11, they said you are presenting no other covid symptoms, plenty of fluids and rest. Went back on 11-15, Dr. recommended vit C, D, zinc and a precautionary rx. of ivermectin. Also ordered a covid test... By 11-19, the test came back positive but by then I was ok. I only had the bad sore throat. I did have the brain fog for a week or so after. I believe the vit C, D and zinc along with ivermectin defiantly helped.

Edit: My sense of taste and smell were off too but have returned.

YMMV. :ingo: :patriot:

F- Fauci and his chi-flu.

Top Bottom