• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Your second sentence is the point I was making. It doesn't guarantee you don't have COVID, so what's the point? It's just a false sense of security.
    An EKG and blood work doesn't guarantee your chest pain isn't a heart attack. But they are reasonable steps to assess for the presence of it. A negative CT doesn't guarantee you don't have appendicitis.

Now, whether everyone should undergo testing is another question, or only those with symtpoms.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    An EKG and blood work doesn't guarantee your chest pain isn't a heart attack. But they are reasonable steps to assess for the presence of it.

Now, whether everyone should undergo testing is another question, or only those with symtpoms.
    But as you said, you tested negative with symptoms... So you'd have been cleared for an international flight, all the while (probably) being infectious. :dunno: Like I said, it's a false sense of security.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I tested positive on the 29th. Symptoms began on the 26th. Stay hydrated...lots of water, cough drops. Chicken soup, etc. Sleep in a recliner as it will keep you more upright and help your breathing.
    Did you go and get the Monoclonal Antibodies? My son did and was over everything within 3 days.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I tested positive on the 29th. Symptoms began on the 26th. Stay hydrated...lots of water, cough drops. Chicken soup, etc. Sleep in a recliner as it will keep you more upright and help your breathing.
    This x2. Also, if you're still early into your symptoms, look into getting ivermectin and utilizing the rest of Dr Zelenko's protocol....

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I have hesitated jumping in on this subject but my neighbors have had this chinese virus twice this year.

The wife had it a couple months ago with the husband not getting it. She had just been breast cancer, a masectomy and reconstructive surgery so we were quite concerned for her. (hard to find good neighbors, you know)

They both came down with it a few weeks back after a relative visited them from Florida.

They were a little slower getting over it this time, or so it seems.

The fella told me that they used a lot of zinc and zicam with plenty of rest. They are still not back to normal energy levels.

I have also heard that sleeping on ones tummy will help with the congestion.

What I do know for certain is that I do not want it!

Oh, and I certainly hope you get better soon.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The main reason I started this is the absolute lack of information about how to treat it once you have it. Lots of “wear your mask get a vax” to not get it but once you have it the entire cdc recommendation is “stay hydrated and rest”. Pretty pathetic
    For more serious cases, I've seen several references to the mono-clonal antibody treatments having great success. For less severe cases, the advice given here (D3, Zinc, C, with rest, hydration and sleeping in an elevated position like recliner) seems to have helped most people.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    For more serious cases, I've seen several references to the mono-clonal antibody treatments having great success. For less severe cases, the advice given here (D3, Zinc, C, with rest, hydration and sleeping in an elevated position like recliner) seems to have helped most people.
    I have a history of bronchidis and asthma. When I had Covid back in January my Doc gave me a Z-pak and steroids to help me along with the vitamins a listed above. If I happen to get re-infected my Doc said the monoclonal treatment would be done ASAP.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have found this is nice for a tickle in my throat. Just a sip and it is lower proof too. Prefer it to cough syrups loaded with unnecessary ingredients.

View attachment 170490
    I had a terrible cough and bad congestion early last year, along with body aches, not sure about fever because I never checked it.

About the fourth day of it, I decided to try a few ounces of Jim Beam black for my sore throat. Next day, I felt much better, still fatigued for a few more days, but the miserable symptoms were gone.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Did you go and get the Monoclonal Antibodies? My son did and was over everything within 3 days.
    I have had no treatment other than cold meds for congestion and cough drops. No fever. O2 sats have been steady at 97.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    But as you said, you tested negative with symptoms... So you'd have been cleared for an international flight, all the while (probably) being infectious. :dunno: Like I said, it's a false sense of security.
    Yes, but the goal should be to reduce transmission, not stop it. We cannot stop it. Ever. Even with vaccination of everyone at the same time.

It's time .gov stop lying and pretending we can

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This x2. Also, if you're still early into your symptoms, look into getting ivermectin and utilizing the rest of Dr Zelenko's protocol....

For anyone not familiar with the Dr Z protocol:

Supposed to work very well. If having issues getting ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, can use quercetin supplement instead that you can get off of Amazon.

I know if I get sick I'm going to follow this protocol and if I don't feel it's working within a couple days I'll get monoclonal antibodies. That's the plan anyway.

Oh and good luck... :yesway: way:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    1 oz each of Fireball, lemon juice, and honey mixed into 16 oz hot green tea. Basically a hot toddy with a cinnamon kick. Worked wonders for me when I had it.
    Add zinc to that. Green tea helps body absorb zinc and zinc helps slow replication of viruses.

Top Bottom