• The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    He's Dirty
    We have a winnah! Somebody had to say it! :rockwoot:
    But seriously, I used to work for a local station in Fort Wayne. Newsies and their producers don't care about accuracy. I can't tell you how many times I pointed out to them not just little mistakes, but glaring ones as well. And all I got was a dirty look that said "WTF do YOU know about news, Engineer Guy?"

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The news has not been news for a long time. Now days, it's more of a nightly reality TV show twisted to extract as much drama as it can. It sounds less dramatic to say a couple of punks carjacked someone using a couple of 22 caliber target rifles.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I can't believe these morons were successful in a carjacking with those rifles.
    That encounter would have gone very differently for them had they approached MY truck.

I think they would have been more intimidating with pointed sticks or fresh fruit.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That encounter would have gone very differently for them had they approached MY truck.

A rifle in the hand beats a handgun in a holster, every time.

Just sayin'. . . .

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

I think they would have been more intimidating with pointed sticks or fresh fruit.
    Although it wouldn't be my first choice, my Marlin 60 can get off a lot of rounds, really fast, and really accurate. I wouldn't want to be on the bad end of it.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Shouldn't the title be "Two worthless hoodrat wastes of skin carjack innocents"

It always pisses me off when our fantastic and wonderful new people make the guns that the bag guys STOLE to commit a CRIME are protrayed as worse than the criminals themselves....

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    Shouldn't the title be "Two worthless hoodrat wastes of skin carjack innocents"

It always pisses me off when our fantastic and wonderful new people make the guns that the bag guys STOLE to commit a CRIME are protrayed as worse than the criminals themselves....

Now, now, now.... These poor refugees of society have no choice but to use EVIL GUNS to acquire what we have FAILED to give them after we made them what they are.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    But seriously, I used to work for a local station in Fort Wayne. Newsies and their producers don't care about accuracy. I can't tell you how many times I pointed out to them not just little mistakes, but glaring ones as well. And all I got was a dirty look that said "WTF do YOU know about news, Engineer Guy?"

Ah, my Brother. :):

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    the repoter called them shotguns becasue the 911 called called the "pumps". the video of them really being rifle was proabably after they filmed him talking about. but the news doesnt care either way.

Top Bottom