• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was driving back from my girlfriend's house earlier and decided to stop at WalMart in Plainfield. I went back to sporting goods to grab some ammo so that I can go shooting next weekend. I stopped and asked an associate if he could get someone to help me in sporting goods with ammo. He then informed me that they could not sell ammo between the hours of 2200 and 0700. I asked if he could get a manager and he did. The manager then proceeded to tell me that Indiana state law forbids selling ammo between those hours. I've never heard this law before, anyone else hear it? If it's a WalMart policy you can bet that they've lost my business for most stuff. I can get everything that I get there at other stores.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm surprised they found the key to the ammo cabinet. Last two times (many months ago) they had a sign that said they misplaced the key. Plainfield Wal-Mart is a joke when it comes to their Sporting Section for Gun/Hunting related items.

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    They tried this on a good friend of mine at 5AM. He was headed into work and getting some things for the office fridge. He just wanted one WWB 100rd box.

In a small bit of aggravation he noticed they had 8 mega packs in a box on the sporting goods counter... the box is normally 10 boxes but I had previously purchased the other two. Since they decided to give him that line about timing and how he could only buy one mega pack, he set the 800 rounds, still in the big box, into his shopping cart and headed to the front counter and had the clerk ring him out. He actually had to tell the lady they needed to be rung up individually.

Time of the day should have nothing to do with people buying things. There are plenty of people working night shifts and treat the night just as most treat the day.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    hahahahaha. Good one. I can't believe he actually said it was state law and used it as an excuse to cover his laziness.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Exactly, I prefer to do my shopping late night/early morning when there's not a lot of people. I even told her, a couple of months ago I bought ammo at 2300 from the US31 WalMart and she told me the "law" had been in effect as long as she could remember and that US31 was doing it illegally. I laughed and told her I've never heard of such law and I would be looking it up. I can't find ANYTHING that says that she's right. I won't be going back to any WalMart that refuses to sell me ammo when I want ammo. One guy even said, "They don't want people coming in here, buying ammo, and shooting the place up." Because we all like to buy ammo late at night just to go on a shooting spree.

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I was told the same thing by me***I was so pissed after waiting for 20 minutes for someone to come and help me..When he finally showed up it was 10:10 and i was out of luck

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was pretty pissed, I went about 5 miles the opposite way of my house just to get ammo and NOTHING! It's been one of those days, but I'll be supporting my local gun shops from now on. Screw WalMart. Yeah, I said it.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I agree. I hate walmart. Sure the prices may be decent for things but the majority of the people working and or shopping there are straight rude.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If its a law I would be curious to hear the purpose behind it.
    Is it to stop crime because criminals only buy ammo at night and that way they cant kill anyone during the day?
    It must be from the same guy who thinks that a 10 rounds mag is safer than a 15 rounds one or from the guy who thinks that automatic knives are so dangerous.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    It's not even corporate policy, it's some d-bag policy that don't want people purchasing things like that late. They generally don't have someone in sporting goods on a regular basis, and they have to page them to come do their job instead of stocking produce or some such.

Speaking of WM, Bloomington's was evacuated today because of a bomb threat.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I haven't been to a walmart in the last 3 years that they actually had a WWB 100rd pack of 45 or the 250rd pack of 45. They usually only have one 50rd box of HP and one 50rd box of target ammo (which I end up buying). I asked the lady a couple weeks ago when they would get more in (sold totally out of 9mm and 45acp) and she said it was in the warehouse and they only ship her one box a month... she had 0 WWB 10rd packs but had 8- 250rd packs in the warehouse but already got the one WWB 100rd pack and 250rd pack for Feb and they where sold that day. Useless!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    if your ever in greenfield stop in there, they sell ammo 24hrs a day they actually started carrying hornady

Last edited:
    Top Bottom