• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    If you do decide on a Colt XSE (other than the Combat Elite), you might want to hold out for a month or two as the newest production will be coming with a fitted beavertail grip safety (like on the Combat Elite).

That would be worth the wait. That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I've got a Rock Island Armory with target sights, front fiber optic, full length rail, the whole nine yards. Got it from the gun store in Plainfield. $609 total. $300 buys you a lot of ammo to practice with.

I've got several pistols. My RIA is as accurate as I can shoot at 25 yards anymore. Got a buddy who shoots 1911 competitively. He shot about as tight at 25 yards with the RIA as he did with his $2K Colts. That says something.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I've got a Rock Island Armory with target sights, front fiber optic, full length rail, the whole nine yards. Got it from the gun store in Plainfield. $609 total. $300 buys you a lot of ammo to practice with.

I've got several pistols. My RIA is as accurate as I can shoot at 25 yards anymore. Got a buddy who shoots 1911 competitively. He shot about as tight at 25 yards with the RIA as he did with his $2K Colts. That says something.

What Colt 1911 has a $2000 MSRP ?

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    I'm sure it's been said already but your going to be hard pressed to beat a Springfield Armory 1911. Get the GI spec one and you will be good to go:yesway:

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    I own several 1911s from Kahr through Ed Brown. If I had to choose just one, most bang for the buck, it would be Dan Wesson bobtail Classic. Took it and Ed Brown Kobra Carry to Gunsite School. Ended up shooting Dan Wesson 2x as much as Ed. In MHO, the best deal out there.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    just purchased a springfield last week after doing all the research and my price range was about like yours, I couldn't be happier with it. so far only shot about a hundred rounds through it and I can tell you not to skimp on the ammo, I did not like the 50 blazers I put through it but the Remington ammo was great.

Top Bottom