• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Have'nt had a pistol impress me this much in a long time but this is one awesome pistol. Accuracy that makes me look like a good shot and the ergonomics just feel great in my hand. All this and 19+1 rounds of 9mm goodness. Still love my Glocks but might have to venture into the XD world.:D

2vvmlcj.jpg

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    does anyone know if there are any differences in accuracy between the 3.8 and full size 4.5" model?

I'd venture to say there is some loss of accuracy and most certainly a loss of velocity. I'd imagine the only time you'd see much of a difference in accuracy is testing from a rest. Losing that .7" will hurt the muzzle velocity but I cant predict just how much it would lose...maybe 50 FPS or so.

jmsnell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Indy
    I'm a Glock guy as well, but I recently shot a friends XD45 tactical and it's pretty nice. Wish Glock would build a tactical 45 akin to the G34/G35.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I have to agree. I got one just like the photo in 9mm and it's the best plastic pistol I own. Simply a great pistol with super safety features and terrific smooth trigger. The 3.8 barrel seems not to give up much of anything to the longer versions.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am a Glock guy, but have to say the XDs are great guns. They dont feel quite right for me, but they are great guns. Nothing wrong with trying something new. There are so many good guns out there and eeveryone is different, no sense in limiting yourself to just one gun.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I have to agree. I got one just like the photo in 9mm and it's the best plastic pistol I own. Simply a great pistol with super safety features and terrific smooth trigger. The 3.8 barrel seems not to give up much of anything to the longer versions.

FYI, "Buds gun shop" has the 19rndr magazines for $25 apiece. Took a couple of days to get them and new.:D

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I've not shot the 3.8" yet, so I can't compare, but I own a 4.5" XDM 9mm and will attest to it being an excellent handgun to shoot. Very smooth. Very accurate - helps this novice feel good after a day at the range.

I just wish they'd also make a compact model with a shorter grip for more concealable carry.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have run into one other person that said that the XD fit him better than any other gun he's owned,

There are people working hard at every major manufacture to get our money so it goes to reason that they are going to hit a part of the market perfect

If you shoot it better than any other handgun then thats the one for you

Top Bottom