• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Then why did you say that all lowers and buffer tubes were made of 7075?:

I'm just confused as to what you are saying. You say you know these things, but post otherwise:scratch:

I'm going to have change my whole comment, yes I should not have said that all buffer tube were 7075, I know that and so do you but thanks for the correction, (I thought I corrected it in my previous post but I guess some people don't quite grasp the English language) happy now? If you're still confused then I suggest you step away from the keyboard and get some rest, you know lay down with that Noveske your so proud of and fondle away. It will make you feel better, you know it will.

I'm also going to have to retract that uppers and lowers in that price range are 7075. I was perusing MI's new SSK AR and low and behold they are making the upper and lowers out of billet 6061. Why, I don't know. Would I buy one, not at the $1500 they are asking for it. So it would seen that reading the fine print is more than necessary and paying more doesn't always get you better materials.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't understand all the butt hurt in this thread. Why is so hard to grasp that a rifle costing twice as much as another, might be better (gasp!)? The cheaper one is most likely fine for 99% of folks plinking around, firing fewer rounds. But if you came to kick ass and chew bugglegum (and happen to be out of gum), you might want to invest in a better one. Its pretty simple folks. Both a Chevette and Corvette are cars, and happen to be produced by the same manufacturer. Both will probably get you from point A to point B, but one is going to have higher performance.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    But if you came to kick ass and chew bugglegum (and happen to be out of gum),

That is the most awesome thing I've ready in a while, definitely something that brightened my day.

One thing with Colt that bugs me, without getting into company history, bias, and issues with revolver mechanics, is they offer a mil spec AR that people recommend the hell out of.

But don't offer a lifetime warranty

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I don't understand all the butt hurt in this thread. Why is so hard to grasp that a rifle costing twice as much as another, might be better (gasp!)? The cheaper one is most likely fine for 99% of folks plinking around, firing fewer rounds. But if you came to kick ass and chew bugglegum (and happen to be out of gum), you might want to invest in a better one. Its pretty simple folks. Both a Chevette and Corvette are cars, and happen to be produced by the same manufacturer. Both will probably get you from point A to point B, but one is going to have higher performance.

I don't know either:dunno: The whole argument/discussion stemmed from people claiming a DPMS was same as a Colt for $250 cheaper. I just wanted to simply correct it, but people always get butthurt when you inform that their AR isn't the same. Like I stated before, I have a Stag that I like. I'm just smart enough to realize it isn't the same as a Colt, DD, BCM, etc. I guess that makes me a bad guy, but I could care less. I thought we all liked guns on here. If I offended anyone, please fill it out and mail it to me:

73300-butthurt-report-form.png

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Damn you Sig1473, you made me laugh with your Butthurt report form! (haven't seen that before, I need to get out more!).

Traderator, The only problem I had was stating one is better than the other without at least giving some reason for the comment. If you look through the thread no one ever stated that a cheap AR was as good at a top dollar one. The discussion was focused on the mid level range. If you think one is better than the other say why so people can learn and make up their minds if that is what will suit them.

I've been to the range one too many times where a shooter was almost
    apologetic because they didn't have a top tier gun because that's what the "people in the know" said they should have. I guess I take it a little to persona but I'd rather have more people shooting safe and reliable guns even if they are cheap than sitting at home. We more people involved in the sport, not less, if we are to keep our rights.l

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Ive truly created a monster (thread) here. :dunno: And Im so confused....now what exactly will one of those purdy colt AR's do that my non Colt AR cant ? Guns snobs make me wanna :puke:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ive truly created a monster (thread) here. :dunno: And Im so confused....now what exactly will one of those purdy colt AR's do that my non Colt AR cant ? Guns snobs make me wanna :puke:

How's saying that an inexpensive rifle from a company with a so-so past shouldn't really be trusted any different from someone saying well NO Ar is worth over $900? Hell the gummerment gets theirs for $600 each so why do civilians think they have to spend $3000 on one?

Same goes with saying no scope is worth over $500. Or a grand. 2 grand. etc. Or no knife is worth over $100, or one that's not worth $15000 (and yes, there are knives out there worth that and go for that)

We all have our biases.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is your definition of reliably? 500? 1000? 5000? Do i get to clean any in between x amount of rounds?

As much as I can afford/load/carry. I've shot 200 rounds with no stoppage through a budget build that had a FN barrel. I would like to go for 500 dirty Tulas if I had the money to burn.

Top Bottom