• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i thought the 23 was a good size.I went with the Gen 4 17 because I got a good price on one. As for the Gen 3 vs 4, Gen 4 all the way for me for the grip texture if nothing else.

I wonder if the dual recoil spring helps tame some of the snappiness.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I traded my 23 for a 19 because of follow up shots and price of ammo. I wasn't as accurate with the .40 cal as the 9mm. Plus when trying to get the wife to shoot her first handgun I thought a 19 would be a little easier to handle than the 'snap' of the 23. I shot a glock 21 and really liked the feel of the .45 and was fairly accurate which leads me to my next purchase......a 1911.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I traded my 23 for a 19 because of follow up shots and price of ammo. I wasn't as accurate with the .40 cal as the 9mm. Plus when trying to get the wife to shoot her first handgun I thought a 19 would be a little easier to handle than the 'snap' of the 23. I shot a glock 21 and really liked the feel of the .45 and was fairly accurate which leads me to my next purchase......a 1911.

I have a 1911 and love it but playing with newer poylmer pistols is fun. I have yet to shoot a G21, I should probably stay away because if I shoot it and like it I will want one. :laugh:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've always felt the recoil of a .45 to be like getting whacked with an empty 2L pop bottle, while the .40 is more of a wiffle ball bat.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I have a 1911 and love it but playing with newer poylmer pistols is fun. I have yet to shoot a G21, I should probably stay away because if I shoot it and like it I will want one. :laugh:

I've heard the g21 has a softer felt recoil than a 1911 but I have not shot a 1911 so I can't say. Anyone out there who has? I bet you would like the g21 it shot well but man do 1911's look cool. I've been eyeing a springfield loaded.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    If you like the .40 S&W, you'll love it's big brother.

10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.

Beat me to it. Was gonna say, you think .40 is snappy, go try 10mm.

Actually, I would buy some high pressure .40 cal from Buffalo Bore or Cor-Bon and try it out. Those are some real whompers.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I've heard the g21 has a softer felt recoil than a 1911 but I have not shot a 1911 so I can't say. Anyone out there who has? I bet you would like the g21 it shot well but man do 1911's look cool. I've been eyeing a springfield loaded.

The G21, compared to a single stack 1911 has a bit wider grip, so it would spread the recoil out a bit. I have read a few people that give the polymer frame some credit too, as they claim it is more flexible than the steel 1911 frame.
    I have not shot the G21, but would not turn the opportunity down, but the 1911 will always be one of my favorite pistols.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    About a year ago I switched all of my personal pistols over to .40 S&W. I wanted to consolidate calibers. I actually prefer to shoot 9mm but the versatility of the .40 is awesome. It is chambered in the same size guns as 9mm, but quite a difference in power. When I used to shoot plates, pepper poppers and bowling pins the .40 had no problem putting them down. Ofter times a quick double tap with the 9mm was in order. And yes a .40 will push a bowling pin off a table just as effectively as a .45.

I will say this the .40 can be a hand full. I have decided to avoid sub-compact pistols chambered in this caliber. My Glock 23 is about as small and light as I care to go.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea im a .40 fan myself, i like the because they dont cost as much as the .45acp but could still get the job done. Real nice round, Congrats on the new toy Ford!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yea im a .40 fan myself, i like the because they dont cost as much as the .45acp but could still get the job done. Real nice round, Congrats on the new toy Ford!

Thanks, I got a few new toys the other day on trade, lots of fun! I like shooting all the pistol calibers I have but this G22 is a tough package. I will take some pictures next time I go shooting. :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    About a year ago I switched all of my personal pistols over to .40 S&W. I wanted to consolidate calibers. I actually prefer to shoot 9mm but the versatility of the .40 is awesome. It is chambered in the same size guns as 9mm, but quite a difference in power. When I used to shoot plates, pepper poppers and bowling pins the .40 had no problem putting them down. Ofter times a quick double tap with the 9mm was in order. And yes a .40 will push a bowling pin off a table just as effectively as a .45.

I will say this the .40 can be a hand full. I have decided to avoid sub-compact pistols chambered in this caliber. My Glock 23 is about as small and light as I care to go.

I'm not sure I would want a pistol in a small package with the .40 I agree! My hands are too big to worry about that anyways. :):

Top Bottom